4643 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: GSP - GLITCH

BKUMAR
Frequent Advisor

GSP - GLITCH

Hi Big Brains,

I have a glitch here with GSP comparing with stop+A in sunos...

In Sun/solaris....stop+A is invoked it comes to single user and keeps away from network....which is risk during operations.

i want to know whether GSP also does the same...since i want to see some logs.....from the console....can i execute GSP (ctrl B) anytime from console session...and importatnt i want to capture some logs (i tried using script gsp.capture)and executing GSP....during the downtime......

Any light on this.....Thx in advance
Unix Administration Most Dedicated and Challenging Career in the World
6 REPLIES 6
Robert Gamble
Respected Contributor

I have been able to this *only* if I CNTL-B before it prompts asking if I want to interupt the boot process. It would then go the the main boot menu when I come back from the GSP console.

(I have only attempted this on my N-Class systems with latest GSP firmware)

Good Luck!
S.K. Chan
Honored Contributor

You can use "cclogview" to look at the chassis log file .. the program is in ..

/usr/sbin/stm/uut/bin/progs/cclogview

You would run it as such ..

# cd /usr/sbin/stm/uut/bin
# ./cclogview /var/stm/logs/os/ | more
BKUMAR
Frequent Advisor

HI Chan

Thanks for your update....there is no command/file cclogview in the stated directory.....can i download.....

but the directory path is fine....under progs...i have only one file...Anything i have to install .....kindly confirm....

Thanks
Bob_Vance
Esteemed Contributor

Try 'find' to locate it:

# find / -name '*cclog*'
/usr/sbin/diag/contrib/cclogview

BV
"The lyf so short, the craft so long to lerne." - Chaucer

The GSP can be reset, viewed, played with, etc. while the system is up and running with no ill effects to the system as long as you stay away from commands that reset the system like TC and RS. XD resets the GSP. There is also an external reset switch on the GSP that ONLY reset the GSP, not the server. After hitting the reset button the lights on the left hand site will go red and after about 20 seconds green again. You can then access the GSP.
BKUMAR
Frequent Advisor

Thanks,

I tried to find also.....finally i got it from HP....it is a script and it requires other 2 tools like

ccux2hex
cc_translator

i am able to view the /var/stm/logs/os ---cc log files....

Thanks for the help.....