1753592 Members
6422 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: GSP - IP assignment

Keith Bevan_1
Trusted Contributor

GSP - IP assignment

I am looking for advice on the quickest way to determine if one of our systems HP9000 L2000 running HP/UX B.11.11 has a GSP and what IP address is assigned for the GSP.

Thanks

Keith
You are either part of the solution or part of the problem
7 REPLIES 7
Jeroen Peereboom
Honored Contributor

Keith,

did you try ^B (Control-B) on the console?
That should bring you to the GSP?!

JP
Keith Bevan_1
Trusted Contributor

Sorry, I forget to mention that I am remote to the console (different geographical location).

Any further advice

Thanks

Keith
Chris Wilshaw
Honored Contributor

You should be able to use

stty +queryGSP < /dev/GSPdiag1

to determine if you have a GSP port defined on your system (it will tell you that it's functional).

As far as I know, it's not possible to find out the IP address without looking from the console itself. If you ever find out, you should put the address into the hosts file so that you have an easily accessible record of it.
generic_1
Respected Contributor

Hello,
Is your remote connect tied to a serial terminal server in addition to your lan gsp connection? Direct access through either serial or GSP lan is the only way to find out the gsp IP.

Also might want to join your GSP lan to a secure server rather than the public network if you already have not. Direct root login for all would not be the safest :).
Stefan Stechemesser
Honored Contributor

Hi Keith,

if you have and older revision of the GSP card then you may use an internal serial device file to access the GSP directly from a OS prompt.

See

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=123520

It looks like in this thread the format of the /usr/lib/uucp/Systems file is a little bit corrupted. The ?????????? signs should be ""

gspiport Any;5 gspiport,f 9600 - "" \r\d\r\d\r ogin:-
Stefan Stechemesser
Honored Contributor

I forgot to say:

after doing the cu command, you get a GSP login. Try blank password and login, if this does not work, you can forget this method. To reset the GSP password you MUST be on the local console. On the local console you can always login with blank password/login, do "xd" then "r" and then you have some seconds to answer a question on the local console if the passwords should be reset to blank.
If you can login, try "ls" then you see the lan parameters or set the lan parameters with "lc" followed by "el" to enable lan access.

Best Regards

Stefan
Keith Bevan_1
Trusted Contributor

Now that I know there is a GSP running , but do not know the ip details, it appears from the advice that a visit to the console might be the easiest and most viable option.

Thanks to all those that offered advice.

No more posts.

Thanks

Keith