New Discussion юеВ

Re: GSP Lan Console - Change IP & Subnet problem

SOLVED
Go to solution
Con O'Kelly
Honored Contributor

GSP Lan Console - Change IP & Subnet problem

Hi

I'm having trouble setting new a IP & Subnet on GSP console.
I have used the LC command at GSP console to configure new settings & checked (with LS command) that LAN is Enabled & Running (EL command).

However I cannot ping the new GSP IP address from anywhere, even from hosts on the same subnet. The GSP LAN is using the same subnet & gateway as the Primary Lan which is working perfectly. I've also checked with the network guys & there is no issues with the port on the switch etc. With the GSP LAN Cable plugged into the port thay can't see anything yet if I connect my laptop to that port it shows up as connected.

The green light on the GSP LAN console port on the server is on. I'd have guessed at a hardware problem but as I'm having the same issue on 3 separate systems I think its something to do with the GSP setup, especially as they were all working prior to the move. I have double checked IP, Subnet & Gateway on the GSP to ensure they're correct.

One other point we are using a 255.255.255.128 subnet which is not recognized by HP-UX until the ndd parameter ip_check_subnet_addr is set to 0. Could this also be an issue on GSP LAN??

Any ideas/help appreciated. Thanks.

Cheers
Con

3 REPLIES 3
Zigor Buruaga
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

Hi,

Have you tried with "xd" command ( diag and reset GSP )?
Besides, I don't remember very well, but think that some time ago we experienced a similar problem and it was due to network speed. Finally we use a 10MB hub to connect the GSP's.
Only an idea.

Kind regards,
Zigor
Sunil Sharma_1
Honored Contributor

Hi Con,
i believe this problem is related to your port setting in switch side.

make switch forcely 10mbps and try it, it should work.

Sunil
*** Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today ***
Con O'Kelly
Honored Contributor

Yep, you're spot on, the switch needed to be explicitly set to 10mbs.

Cheers
Con