1751952 Members
5118 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: GSP Reset

Adey
Advisor

GSP Reset

I have an L2000 with a GSP Rev A, running Firmware A1.06.

The only way I can log onto the GSP is with Enter/Enter, however this will not let me change the LAN IP with the LC command and I cannot create users with SO. It just says you need to be logged on as the administrator.

I have tried both the Reset button and the stty +resetGSP
Does anybody have any suggestions

Thanks
12 REPLIES 12
Michael Steele_2
Honored Contributor

If on a LAN console then go to the local console where you should see more messages:

'Press R to Reset GSP to default values'

GSP reset does NOT reset login and passwords to default. So:

stty +resetGSP < /dev/GSPdiag1

-and look for the message-

:-)
Support Fatherhood - Stop Family Law
Tim Adamson_1
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Press the GSP reset button and get back to the console ASAP and watch for the message about clearning the passwords. It only lasts about 10 seconds.

Cheers!!!
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift. That's why it's called the present.
Caesar_3
Esteemed Contributor

Hello!

From behind of the server where is a GSP card
you have small white button press it and it
will reset the card as you want.

Caesar
Adey
Advisor

I thing everybody is missing the point in my first post.

I am logged in via the Lan and logged in as root, and I have a terminal connected to the GSP Serial Console.

The Serial console, lan connection and Server are all in the same room approx 2 feet apart.

I have tried the reset switch under the side cover, and issuing the stty reset command, neither of them bring any prompts up on the console screen to allow me to delete the accounts and passwords.
Tim Adamson_1
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Maybe this will help show what I meant in my previous post.

This is for GSP firmware rev A.1.09

Make sure you are at the GSP prompt on the console connected to the GSP.

1) Push the GSP Reset switch located on the Core IO board bulkhead.
2) After completion of GSP reset, you will get the password reset instruction on the console screen. If you will not respond to this, it will automatically quit the instruction. Here is the screen copy.

HP Guardian Service Processor

Firmware Revision A.01.09
Resetting GSP
Press 'p' now to clear all GSP passwords and users .... p
Confirm you would like to clear passwords and users?(Y/[N]) y
All GSP Passwords and user information is cleared ***
GSP LAN and remote access are also disabled
Type Cntl-B to continue the GSP Command Interface

Hope it helps,

Cheers!!!

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift. That's why it's called the present.
Michael Steele_2
Honored Contributor

Sorry, I didn't describe the solution as clearly as I should have because you won't see this message from the LAN console. It only appears on the RS232 console port. Its an inherent defect. So again:

.... go to the local console where you should see more messages:

'Press R to Reset GSP to default values'

GSP reset does NOT reset login and passwords to default. So:

stty +resetGSP < /dev/GSPdiag1

-and look for the message-
Support Fatherhood - Stop Family Law
Adey
Advisor

Thanks for the info.

I understand what everybody is saying the prompt for password reset should appear on the serial console, not on the lan.

However nothing appears on the serial console no prompts of any kind indicating that the GSP has been reset.

I am right in front of the terminal when I press the reset button or issue the stty reset from within HP-UX. Nothing appears on the console so I cannot respond to a prompt that does not appear so therefore my user accounts and passwords are not reset, so I cannot log on to my GSP as admin to setup the GSP Lan to update the firmware from A.01.06.
Ken Hubnik_2
Honored Contributor

Perhaps there is a bug with the firmware version of GSP you are running A.1.6 is very old. I beleive the latest A revision is A.1.12 and fixed many GSP problems.
Adey
Advisor

That's what I thought, but because I can't login as administrator I cannot change the IP address to the GSP LAN, IP address is 127.0.0.1, which I guess is it's default.

Back to my original question how can I reset my GSP when both the Reset switch and stty (reset) don't appear to be working as they should.