1748051 Members
4834 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

GSP and SSH

GSP and SSH

I just wanted to do a ping to see if HP made any headway on having an ssh login to the GSP? I know that there was a message last Dec but I was wondering if anything changed since then. The Secure Web Console in very unreliable and to redo a large corporation's LAN infrastructure to accommodate a separate secure network just for console access is not feasible.
2 REPLIES 2
Jeff Schussele
Honored Contributor

Re: GSP and SSH

Hi Steve,

Nope - not yet.

But you can get a Terminal Server that accepts SSH sessions & will give you serial access to the console. Wouldn't have to rework the network, but would have to run RS-232 lines to the servers. I know Cisco as well as several other manufactureres sell these.

HTH,
Jeff
PERSEVERANCE -- Remember, whatever does not kill you only makes you stronger!
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

Re: GSP and SSH

I doubt there is enough room for the required code to implement even a minimal implementation of SSH on the GSP. To keep the console/GSP ports secure, remove the LAN cable, get a serial terminal server (Cyclades TS series, Cisco, Blackbox, etc) and connect all your serial ports to the server. Then communication will be SSH to the server and RS-232 to the individual consoles. Modern terminal servers (with SSH) are usually Linux-based and offer a lot of security features. These boxes are also ideal to provide alternate access to network appliances like routers, VPNs, firewalls, etc.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin