1752647 Members
5619 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: GSP card?

Jorge A. Prado T.
Occasional Advisor

GSP card?

From HPUX 11.0, as I can know the type of GSP card that have my servers (L and N class). ? Thanks in advance.

Jorge Prado
5 REPLIES 5
Jeff Schussele
Honored Contributor

Hi Jorge,

From the GSP prompt enter the HELP section

GSP> HE

You should get a display like:

====== GSP Help ==================================(Operator)===========
Hardware Revision 8 Firmware Revision A.01.12 Oct 23, 2002, 13:53:42

So this is a A.01.12 Rev GSP

HTH,
Jeff
PERSEVERANCE -- Remember, whatever does not kill you only makes you stronger!
Mel Burslan
Honored Contributor

I am not sure if I could correctly understand your question but I am under the impression that you are trying to figure out the version of th GSP firmware from the unix command prompt. If this is the question, unfortunately there is no utility I know that can be run from a command prompt to provide you this information. You need to login to the GSP port and type HE. You will see the firmare revision on this screen.

Jeff, Mel:

In reality I need to know if the GSP card installed is "A6696B GSP card" or another (without opening the server).

Thanks in advance

Jorge Prado T.
generic_1
Respected Contributor

If you called HP and gave them the server serial number they might be able to tell you from that or at least how to match the hardware revision to the hardware model of the GSP. It could be a slow process though if you have allot of servers.
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

See http://docs.hp.com/hpux/onlinedocs/A5191-96022/A5191-96022.html

Chapter "Cabling and Power-up", subchapter "Guardian Service Processor".

At least on L class/rp54xx, the hardware paths for revision A GSP are 0/0/4/0.0, 0/0/4/0.1, and 0/0/4/0.2. For revision B, the paths are different: 0/0/4/1.0, 0/0/4/1.1 and 0/0/4/1.2. The same thing may or may not be true for N class.

I think that could help in identifying the GSP type, if you are trying to do that through software.

Another clue could be that revision B has 10/100 network connection, while revision A is 10 only.
MK