5583 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: GSP error

TYP3R
Frequent Advisor

GSP error

Hi

I have a L2000 server, when we rebooted the server we got an message about failure, I have attached a copy of the error, Can you guys tell me what this error indicate ? The server is up and running fine at the moment, It's an I/O error but we dont know which I/O slot thats giving the error

Thanks in advance

Will
8 REPLIES 8
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Please post an

# ioscan -fn

first.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Andrew Rutter
Honored Contributor

hi,

it would be alot better if you could get the last 3-4 errors from the gsp error log and post those.

we will get alot more info from that and also what the PDC firmware version you have installed

Andy
TYP3R
Frequent Advisor

Hi Torsten

I've attached the file ioscan -fn that i got a few days ago, I know its the configuration error and just want to know if the cards in the correct place on the I/O address for this box

Andrew - I will try and get at least 3 -4 logs when i get back to the office and the PDC is v41.39
Prashanth.D.S
Honored Contributor

Hi There,

I would suggest you to check the scsi card details from BCH..

Service Menu: Enter command > scsi

Check for any inconsistancy

I decoded the hex code found this error ..

0x5800086685FF2384 00006C08 10103A2B CC_IO_SET_SCSI_AUTO_TERM_ERR

If you see any invalid SCSI card entry then u may delete them by this command from BCH again..

Service Menu: Enter command > scsi delete

Best Regards,
Prashanth
Grayh
Trusted Contributor

Some more info can be obtained from GSP>SL
TYP3R
Frequent Advisor

Hi Guys

More update on this issue. As you can see from the attached file. We have SCSI Term error as like Prashanth mention. I have tried to delete the paths with the unknown uknown and MISC.Error but each of the path that been mention comes back with invaild path so those can not be delete on the:

service menu - scsi delete command

We have also tried to auto term those paths but still comes back as invaild path.. What could be the problem ?

Will
Prashanth.D.S
Honored Contributor

Hi Will,

An easier way to get rid of these bogus entry is by removing and reseating the lithium battery on the system board.

After the battery is restored the scsi table should contain the entries for scsi devices on the coreio. After this you will probably need to restore the configuration defaults and set the clock, paths, product id etc.

If this doesnot work out then replace the battery and then if issue persists replace the system board.

Regards,
Prashanth
Joshua Scott
Honored Contributor

I would recommend updating the firmware, you are at version 41.39, which has quite a few problems. If I remember correctly, there was an issue similar to this that was fixed in one of the firmware releases.

You can update the firmware with an OS patch. If you are running 11.0, patch PHSS_32704. If you are running 11i v1, then patch PHSS_32705.

Otherwise, you will have to create a firmware update tape. download:
ftp://ftp.itrc.hp.com/firmware_patches/hp/cpu/PF_CRHW4428.tar.gz

instructions are here:
ftp://ftp.itrc.hp.com/firmware_patches/hp/cpu/PF_CRHW4428.txt

-Josh
What are the chances...