1752773 Members
4791 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: GSP firmware upgrade questions.

Jeffrey F. Goldsmith
Super Advisor

GSP firmware upgrade questions.

I have an L2000 with GSP firmware version A.01.06 and wanted to upgrade it to firmware version A.01.09. I don't have a modem connected to my server at this time so I went to the ftp site (192.151.11.37) and downloaded the files to my NT workstation. Then, I transferred the files to /tmp/gsa/ directory on my L2000. I made sure that the files were copied in BINARY mode and that the files were of the correct size after the transfer. The instructions say that I can use the server can be the server being upgraded. The instructions say to use the ?LAN address of the system LAN on the core I/O and path where the files reside. I am not sure if I understand all of that at this time.

When I start GSP and ping the IP of my L2000 it times out. When I try to ping my other server it times out. If I cannot ping my server then I cannot upgrade my GSP firmware. Is there something that I have missed or doing wrong?

Can anyone help me out with this?
5 REPLIES 5
Bill McNAMARA_1
Honored Contributor

make sure the GSP is on the same lan and subnet a the server. You might just wat to put a loopback cable between them to ensure!

Verify on the GSP with the ls (lan settings) and/or lc (lan config) that the ip addy is good.

On your L, connect to the console, and issue
lanscan, ifconfig lan0 I.P.Add.y netmask wha.tev.e.r
Then try to ping the GSP.

Later,
Bill
It works for me (tm)
Bill McNAMARA_1
Honored Contributor

There is a section here on firmware download and other related L class replacements..

It's worth a bookmark.

http://docs.hp.com//hpux/onlinedocs/hw/lclass/

Later,
Bill
It works for me (tm)
Jeffrey F. Goldsmith
Super Advisor

Bill,
The GSP is on my L2000 and I had put the files that I got from the ftp site onto the same L2000. I do not have a terminal connected to the L2000, I use web console to connect.
So, I connect to the L2000 via the web console and once I am loged in then I can get to GSP by hitting "Ctrl + b". Once I have GSP running then I type "xd" to get to the non destructive tests. I select option #3 and enter the IP address of the same L2000 and it times out.
Patrick Wessel
Honored Contributor

Jeff,
The GSP uses the the GSP-LAN for the firmware update. You need to connect and configure the 'LAN console' (RJ45 connector right beside the local console)
There is no good troubleshooting with bad data
Jeffrey F. Goldsmith
Super Advisor

On Wednesday morning I contacted HP Tech support and after talking with 4 different Techs. I was told the best thing for me to do was replace the GSP card. They sent it to me and I am going to be installing it next week.

Thanks for the help.