Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GSP password reset

SOLVED
Go to solution
hpuxrox
Respected Contributor

GSP password reset

Is there a way to reset the GSP password?

12 REPLIES 12
hpuxrox
Respected Contributor

Re: GSP password reset

I forgot to mention this is a HP Superdome. With two Production NPARS.
hpuxrox
Respected Contributor

Ok, but, can I GSP reset on a superdome without affecting the NPARS?
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Sorry, Yates, but my Superdome experience is limited (null actually).

;^(

Pete

Pete
Joshua Scott
Honored Contributor

Yates,

This may be way off...

I've swapped out a rp7410's MP card, and when the system came up into the MP> prompt, I looked at the configuration, and the nPars were gone. I had to restore the previous Configuration with some commands in the MP. (don't remember how, but could figure it out if you want me to).

With the rp7410 & rp8400 the system type & nPartition configuration information is stored both on the MP *AND* on the cell boards that are in those partitions. I beleive this is for redundancy.

I would expect the superdome to be similar, (although I've never worked with one myself.)

Hope this gives you something to work with...

-Josh
What are the chances...
hpuxrox
Respected Contributor

10 points for any post that can lead me in the right direction. HELP!
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor
Solution

Yates,

Let's try another angle here.

I presume you need to reset the password because you don't know what it is. Have you tried the default which, I believe, is Admin, Admin for the Superdome?

Pete

Pete
Denver Osborn
Honored Contributor

I'd assume you have support for this SD... :) Why not place a call and try to get the info from someone who supports it in HP?

-Denver
Joshua Scott
Honored Contributor

What's the purpose of this reset, and how did you plan on going about it?
What are the chances...
hpuxrox
Respected Contributor

Thanks! Brother Randall, Admin:Admin did the trick. I was so used to hp:hp on other machines. Live and learn.
Senthil Kumar .A_1
Honored Contributor

hi yates,
my knowledge is accurate, as for as rx2600 server is concerned.But, still i would sujjest you to look for a small switch on the gsp(MP) card behind the server.probably beside the switch it would have also mentioned (press to reset MP).this would reset all configured options, including your MP LAN ip to 192.0.0.192,Password to Admin and so on....Infact i found two users to my MP by default, namely User and Admin(also note that the first letter is in uppercase and so is the password also).If such a option is available in your server indeed, please use it sparingly.

senthil
Let your effort be such, the very words to define it, by a layman - would sound like a "POETRY" ;)
Senthil Kumar .A_1
Honored Contributor

hi yates,
my knowledge is accurate, as for as rx2600 server is concerned.But, still i would suggest you to look for a small switch on the gsp(MP) card behind the server.probably beside the switch it would have also mentioned (press to reset MP).this would reset all configured options, including your MP LAN ip to 192.0.0.192,Password to Admin and so on....Infact i found two users to my MP by default, namely User and Admin(also note that the first letter is in uppercase and so is the password also).If such a option is available in your server indeed, please use it sparingly.

senthil
Let your effort be such, the very words to define it, by a layman - would sound like a "POETRY" ;)