108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: GSP

SOLVED
Go to solution
rudy_4
Advisor

ok one more thing can you access gsp from remote machine i think no but any one know anything about it
Joseph Loo
Honored Contributor

hi,

as I am unable to tell what is happening without actually looking at your server, please read "Chapter 4: Cable Connections" -> Guardian Service Processor from this pdf:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00044153/c00044153.pdf

regards.
what you do not see does not mean you should not believe
Olivier Decorse
Respected Contributor

Hello Rudy,

Of course you can access to your GSP from any other box ! That's what i do every day !On the rp54xx documentation (http://www.docs.hp.com/hpux/onlinedocs/A5191-96022/A5191-96022.html ), chapter "Cabling & Power Up", Section "Core I/O Connections", you can see the GSP Lan Connector (number 1 on the picture). Just use a normal cable, like the one you use for the 10/100 base T (number 5 on the picture).

Before this, just modify the GSP configuration with "LS" to see the actual Lan Status, then "LC" to configure the Lan GSP (ip @, mask, @ of the gateway, etc). Use the "XD" command with "R" to reset and write the new configuration.

Then, from any other PC, you can telnet your GSP ip adress. "GSP>" prompt will appear, just type to have write access on this remote console !!!

After this, it is better to use the "SO" command, to add an user and a password, for the GSP security.

Good luck !
Olivier.

Please don't forget to ASSIGN POINTS : it is very important for us to know if our responses helps you (or not !!) and you will have more chance to receive response !
They say "install windows 2k, xp or better", so i install unix !
rudy_4
Advisor

one last question question i have a modem that i wanna set it up for the server to phone me in case of emergency can i connect it to the gsp remote or i have to get a serial card
Olivier Decorse
Respected Contributor

Can you first give us your feed back about the Lan access of your GSP, with the Lan cable ?

Olivier.
rudy_4
Advisor

as far as lan access how can i configure lann access and i cant log in to GSP
but i just solved the case i changed the terminal that i am working on and taraaaaaaaa it got solved i was able to use the ctrl-b again now i need to re-configure it

thanks alot guys for everything
Olivier Decorse
Respected Contributor

Thank you, Rudy, for your feed back !

For your modem connection, if it isn't an "HP Secure Web Console" modem, you just have to connect it to the serial "remote" port.

Olivier.
rudy_4
Advisor

i tried cu but it gave me

#cu -s2400 -ldirect 1
Autodialing - please wait
Connect failed: Requested device/system name not known

i tried to see if in /dev/ there is cu* driver nothing starts with cu
Olivier Decorse
Respected Contributor

Rudy,
I think it is not anymore a GSP problem. So i advise you to close this thread and open an new one, on the system admin topic : you will have more response for your new problem !!

Olivier.
Victor BERRIDGE
Honored Contributor

Hi,
I also went through this, GSP version B.02.14 on L class...
for HPUX 11.00 the patches are PHNE_27393 and PHCO_27370
for HPUX11.11 PHNE_26326 and PHCO_27243
Did you change your GSP card recently?
I had a mismatch between Rev A and B, A requires no patches...

All the best
Victor