HPE 9000 and HPE e3000 Servers
1752801 Members
5439 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP 9000 FLT 3000

Christo_2

HP 9000 FLT 3000

Have a HP9000 model D200 server, which when rebooting, came up with a FLT 3000 error message in the LCD display.

The 3000 refers to the chassis code. We don't know at this stage what device it is? SCSI drive, hard disk, ....????

Searched around on HP site and the Internet, but could not find anything.

Thanks
Christo
5 REPLIES 5
Claudiu Schmidt
Valued Contributor

Re: HP 9000 FLT 3000

Hi,

FLT 3000 means FEPROM Checksum failure. This is located on the system board, so you should call hp and let the systemboard be exchanged.

Rgds,

Claudiu
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

This is really good question WHERE flash chips are located. I agree for K-class servers that they're located on the motherboard (aka backplane), but with D-class... looking to the picture of mainboard I do not see flash chips so I suspect that they're located on the CPU board.
Anyway, I agree - call HP. You will not be able to do anything by yourself with it
Eugeny
Michael Burbury
Frequent Advisor

I had this with a D220, the result of which I needed to replace the CPU card (after trying several other card replacements, it was the CPU card at fault).

Good luck....
Michael Burbury
Frequent Advisor

Also, if you are having difficulty locating someone with D200 parts (or any D series or "old" HP parts), this guy was able to help me out (even though he is in the U.K.)

http://www.unixnerd.demon.co.uk/hp_unix.html

Cheers...
Devender Khatana
Honored Contributor

Hi,

This is a common problem and I also faced it in a R-class. The solution here also was replacing the CPU card.

Call support for same if you have one.

HTH,
Devender
Impossible itself mentions "I m possible"