108784 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP 9000/K370 Search not working

SOLVED
Go to solution
Lynn Storey_1
Occasional Advisor

HP 9000/K370 Search not working

I have a K370 when at the BCH and trying to use the search command it acts as though you terminated the search by hitting a key on the keyboard even though I did not. It states the search was terminated even though I did not hit a key on the keyboard, and finds nothing.

It will boot the offline diagnostic cd. I am getting ready to install the o/s but was wanting to hold off until I get a better feeling for the issue on the search command.

Thanks in advance
4 REPLIES 4
Stefan Stechemesser
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: HP 9000/K370 Search not working

I have seen such behaviour sometimes in the past and in all cases, the terminal was sending additional control chars that stopped the search.
Please try another terminal ...
Ron Irving
Trusted Contributor

Hiya Lynn!!

Definatly a console, (terminal,) issue. Is it an HP terminal? You could try 'defaulting' it, (I think it's hold the 'd' key while powering it up.)
Should have been an astronaut.
Andrew Rutter
Honored Contributor

hi lynn,

it will just be the terminal settings as already stated. This caught me out a few times when the scroll lock was on.

check that setting first, if you need to reset the terminal to defaults then hold the D key down for a few seconds when powering the 700/9x type terminals on.

Andy
Lynn Storey_1
Occasional Advisor

Thank's everyone. You were all correct. Used a different terminal and everything worked as it should.