108722 Solutions
New Discussion

HP 9000 K370 Stops on Initial Tests

SOLVED
Go to solution
glennes
Frequent Advisor

HP 9000 K370 Stops on Initial Tests

My K370 has been booting just fine. Now, out of the blue, it goes through all the tests on the LCD and stops at:

INIT C641

CPU 01

I can get the CM menu on the console and I can type 'menu' to see it. But, when I enter CO, nothing happens. The terminal stops outputting and nothing else happens.

I've searched the forum and I cannot find anything that addresses this.

What does the LCD message mean and what is the cause of it? How do I get beyond it?

Glenn

1 REPLY 1
glennes
Frequent Advisor
Solution

Re: HP 9000 K370 Stops on Initial Tests

I downloaded the HP Customer Engineer's Manual from Scribd. It has all the error codes and LCD readout codes generated by the K series. This error means that the system had problems initializing the graphics monitor/console.

I disconnected the monitor cable and the keyboard/mouse cables and rebooted the machine. It booted fine after disconnecting the graphics monitor/keyboard/mouse. I will deal with getting the graphics console set up at a later date.

This CE manual is great to have and I would encourage anyone who is experiencing LCD error messages or other error messages to go to Scribd and download the appropriate CE manual for your machine. The cost was $8.95 - not bad for a great and exhaustive reference manual for identifying and resolving system problems!

Glenn