1753259 Members
4868 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP 9000 series 927S

B. Reyhan

HP 9000 series 927S

Hi

I have a HP 9000 series 927S server, but i haven't got a terminal.
So how can i get a terminal or is it possible to connect with another way, i heard something about x-terminal, but don't know what it means.

Please help
7 REPLIES 7
B. Reyhan

Sorry it's the 827S
Helen French
Honored Contributor

Hi,

You may have to get a HP terminal or vt100 terminal. If you don't have a console terminal, you won't be able to see the startup messages or anyother indications.

If you are sure that ur server booting fine, then you can connect to it through the network cable attached to a PC or workstation, provided that ur PC and the server are in same subnet. Or else, you need to re-configure the network.

The x-terminal is a GUI terminal emulation, which you can load in your workstation, once everything is set.

HTH,
Shiju
Life is a promise, fulfill it!
B. Reyhan

Does anybody know how much such a terminal costs? Maybe someone can give me a link to a online-shop selling such a terminal (I coultn't find any prices in hpshopping.
Sanjay_6
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Try hp partsurfer site,

http://partsurfer.hp.com

Hope this helps.

Regds
George_Dodds
Honored Contributor

You could allways check ebay, you can get some cheap but good terminals on there.

Cheers

George
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

A standard HP terminal is called the 700/92 or 700/94 or 700/96 (minor differences). They should be plentiful and very inexpensive. You don't want an Xterminal because it won't do anything at all until you've spent a lot of time loading support software and configuring an Xwindow server. You'll need the serial cable to connect the terminal to the computer.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin
A. Clay Stephenson
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi:

An old HP terminal like the 700/96 should be at most $150US. I haven't searched for European used equipment dealers but that is what you need. By the way, don't expect to get very much for your old server these days.
If it ain't broke, I can fix that.