HPE 9000 and HPE e3000 Servers
1753808 Members
7996 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP A557-62019 Hardware console error messages

Brian Flanagan_2

HP A557-62019 Hardware console error messages

I have a HP A500 server that was running HPUX 11.11i a while back. I powered it back on this week and I wasnt able to get in via telnet to the old IP adress. After connecting to the console port on the server directly, it looks like it is stuck in some sort of diagnostic loop failure. I cant seem to get to the Boot Menu to try to run diagnositics on the server so basically this unit is dead in the water right now. Reference the attached log for the errors. Anyone have ideas?

Thank you

Brian Flanagan

3 REPLIES 3
malvin drakley
Esteemed Contributor

Re: HP A557-62019 Hardware console error messages

Hi Brian, here is the reference manual for your server. I think that what I would do would be to try and reset the gsp. You can do this by powering on and pressing the gsp button on the back of the server. you then have to press a key to reset to the defaults.
another thing to try is to get into the gsp by typing CTRL+b and reading the error log with "sl" command.

http://docs.hp.com/hpux/onlinedocs/2411/rp24xx_customer.pdf

try this and see how it goes
cheers
malvin
Not me Chief, I'm Radar
vofsky
Frequent Advisor

Just choice "A" everything will be OK.And you d better update the firmware of systemboard and GSP.Moreover If there is no os on the harddisk the system will indicate this error message.
Mohanasundaram_1
Honored Contributor

Brian,

Time to get your HP CE in action. looks like you have a platform monitor card problem. There is some HPMC as well.

get this checked immediately.

Cheers,
Mohan.
Attitude, Not aptitude, determines your altitude