New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Class A 9000 and 700/96 Console

SOLVED
Go to solution
Ganesh Anekar
Advisor

HP Class A 9000 and 700/96 Console

Hi,

I am trying to work on HP-class A 9000 Machine.I tried to connect the 700/96 HP console to it , But i am not getting anything on the console.

Next problem is In this server I have to NIC's one is configured to external IP and otherone is confuigured for intranet.

Now the NIC which configurd for Intranet has got some configuration problem and other NIC which is configured for external IP is UP but I can't access it as our DNS is DOWN.

So can anyone guide me how should I follow to get the system work as I am new to UNIX.

Thanks in advance.
George
Interested to learn HP-unix,Sun and problem solving
9 REPLIES 9
Sandip Ghosh
Honored Contributor

The 700/96 console should work. Connect it in the right port. From the Pigtail cable you will find three output has come out. Connect to the console. Dont connect it to UPS or Remote. You should get the display and set the emulation of the terminal as vt100.

Sandip
Good Luck!!!
Ganesh Anekar
Advisor

Hi sandeep,

I think I have connected all cables properly.
Once I did got the server prompt and now when I try to type somthin then its telling Kbd Locked.

How should I proceed?

Thanks
Ganesh
Sandip Ghosh
Honored Contributor

Try to do a power recycle on the console. Could you go to the GSP by pressing ctrl-B?

Sandip
Good Luck!!!
Ganesh Anekar
Advisor

hi Sandip,

While recycling power I pressed CTL-D then still it not showing anything on console.

And when I press Print/Enter its showing KB LOCKED.

I don't know much can u guide me?

Thanks
ganesh
someone_4
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Try resetting the console by turning it off and on.

Confim the the console works by plugging it up to another server and logging in. If you see junk do

#export TERM=hp

I had a problem with the console on one of my L-9000 servers.It didnt want to do anything. I thought that it might have been a hardware problem. We had to reboot the server the other day for maintance. And guess what ?? The console works now.

Richard
MANOJ SRIVASTAVA
Honored Contributor

Hi

Do like this , press cntl+d and switch on the console and wait for atleast 2 seconds and then press enter , it should say like defaults resotered . Try entering co incase you are getting something like >

Manoj
S.K. Chan
Honored Contributor

Is your console setting correct ? Under "terminal configration" ..
DataComm/Ext Device = Serial(1)/Serial(2)
TermMode=EM100
Ganesh Anekar
Advisor

Hi All,

I really appriciate HELP from you ALL.

As I was doing somthing wrong not with console but I was Connected webconsole and Terminal console at a time , I think its not possible.The moment I took out cable from webconsole port and resetted terminal Console ,Then Thats it!!!!!!!!! it worked fine

Anyway Thanks..i will get back to u people with some more probs.

Ganesh
T. M. Louah
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

HOW ABOUT ASSIGNING SOME POINTS TO FOLKS THAT HELPED YOU !
FROM THE BUREAU
Little learning is dangerous!