New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Flat Panel Monitor Support

SOLVED
Go to solution
Abdul Salam H S_1
Frequent Advisor

HP Flat Panel Monitor Support

Hi,

Is the HP Flat Panel Monitor ( J1470A) is supported on HP 5470 (L3000). The Graphics Card installed is A6150B . (PCI Graphics card with 2 port PCI card for USB). The Operating system is HP-UX 11i with Hardware Enablement Patch March 2002.

Thanks and Regards,

Abdul Salam
11 REPLIES 11
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor
Solution

No. But it does not mean that it will not work. Look at http://www.hp.com/products1/unixserverconnectivity/misc/graphics/specifications/index.html . It states:
"additional products for use with A6150B:
- A4983B Keyboard and mouse kit;
- D8912W 19" Graphics Monitor (replaced D8910W);
- D8915W 21" Graphics Monitor (replaced D2847W).
Other monitors may be compatible with this graphics card. Please see the "maximum resolution and monitor support" section of the specifications"
Eugeny
Abdul Salam H S_1
Frequent Advisor

Hello,

I have also one more problem. The ioscan output shows that the driver "graph3" UNKNOWN . It doesn't show "CLAIMED". I have even tried reinstalling the OS on another disk and tried removing /dev/crt and recreating again. But still same problem persists.Can someone give me some clue on this?

Thanks and Best Regds,

Abdul Salam
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Did you install card's software? Attach 'ioscan -fn' and 'swlist -l fileset' in one file to your next reply
Eugeny
Abdul Salam H S_1
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

I couldn't find any driver related to this particular card in the Application CDs. Neither did I get any separate CD along with the graphics card. Could you please tell me which driver is to be installed( the S/W product number) that supports this Graphics card and from where to get it?

With Best Regards,

Abdul Salam
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Please attach outputs I requested. In addition, if you know driver for the device try running SAM and including this driver to kernel
Eugeny
Abdul Salam H S_1
Frequent Advisor

Hello,

I'm attaching the outputs asked by you..

the ioscan output shows:

graphics 1 0/10/0/0 graph3 UNCLAIMED UNKNOWN PCI Display (10
3c108b)

I have checked up in another system working fine with a 21" normal HP monitor.It is also using the same driver "graph3".

This system is running vPars.But same problem observed with and without vPar being enabled.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Abdul Salam
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Maybe card is defective or should be installed in certain slot? Is it possible to check with that machine wich you mentioned is working fine?
Eugeny
Jeff Schussele
Honored Contributor

Hi Abdul,

Graphics adapters MUST be installed in a Turbo Slot on RP 54xx systems. They will not function in other slots.

Rgds,
Jeff
PERSEVERANCE -- Remember, whatever does not kill you only makes you stronger!
Abdul Salam H S_1
Frequent Advisor

hello,

The card is installed in a Twin-Turbo slot which is not shared. And I dont have any other system for checking whether this card is defective or not.

Do you have any idea whether FLAT Panel monitor works with L class machine?

I didn't receive any S/W driver with this card. Do you think I need to load some driver separately for this?

Thanks and regards,

Abdul Salam