New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP PARISC RP7420 Server MP Login possible but cannot co to login to os

SOLVED
Go to solution
Dippenchuncks
Occasional Contributor

HP PARISC RP7420 Server MP Login possible but cannot co to login to os

Dear Gurus,

We are using old HP PARISC RP7420 servers running HPUX11.11, I can login to the MP but cannot co to login to operating system, its seems that the console hung. Initially I could not even get a MP login but after reseting it I can now get MP login, all menu options except co can open. How to I reset the co to gain access to the operating system? Will reseting the Npar partition help? I cannot gain access to OS via ssh login because all accounts have expired due to password ageing....So I want to login via console with root to reset accounts...Direct login with root disabled. Your urgent help is needed.

Regards,

Dippenchunks (Aka Michael R Louw)

3 REPLIES 3
Dippenchuncks
Occasional Contributor

Dear Gurus,

More information with regards to this problem, both partitions have status unknown via vfp. Live console frozen/hung.

Regards,

Dippenchunks (Aka Michael R Louw)

Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor
Solution

If VFP cannot show the cell boards, you have a hardware failure at the system level. You may get some additional information from the SL command to show the internal hardware logs. You could try a complete power cycle including removing the power cords (which restarts the MP).

Bill Hassell, sysadmin
Dippenchuncks
Occasional Contributor

Dear Gurus, @Bill Hassell

Thank you for the suggestion! I recycled one of the partitions and I am now again able to login to the OS. I have downtime for saturday, where I will also recycle the Production partition.

Regards

Michael R Louw Aka Dippenchunks