HPE 9000 and HPE e3000 Servers
1753460 Members
4611 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Putting a Hold Selling on rp5470??

harry d brown jr
Honored Contributor

Justin,

We purchased 14 N-class (rp7400's) that were refurbished by HP. 4 of them sporadically power themselves OFF.

We found that HP actually has this issue documented internally to HP. I think it's a batch of crappy power supplies, because all of my 30+ N-class servers have the same firmware version and basically the same OS patches.

We are working with HP on getting this issue corrected before we have to resort to lawyers.

live free or die
harry
Live Free or Die
Michael Tully
Honored Contributor

Geez Harry,

Speaking legalese already......

Just so you know there is also a reboot problem (if you have the need) with the 'rp8400' where the system does not reboot correctly leaving it in a "limbo" state. The firmware that was posted in August does not fix this problem, as it already had been applied. To date HP here in OZ do not know the cause... We are monitoring... (unfortunately we reboot our two rp8400's every week due to the application memory leaks, don't ask...)

Michael
Anyone for a Mutiny ?
Deshpande Prashant
Honored Contributor

HI
In our environment, I have upgraded two of my N4000 servers from 11.0 to 11i recently. Since then both machines send EMS email notification about hung GSP regularly. Only one of N4000 drops dead once in 2-3 weeks. Only way to restart being physically power off-on the switch. I have a call open with HP, waiting for the solution to this problem. Per HP this is due to Support tools diag (EMS) on 11i causing wrong alerts causing system down. Replcaed the power board, fan, increased some timout parameters on EMS config.. Not much help.
Same boxes have been working on 11.0 for over 2 years now.

I will wait for upgrading my rest of boxes to 11i till prob. fixed.

Thanks.
Prashant.
Take it as it comes.