1752546 Members
4427 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP RP4440 BOOTING HP-UX 11i V3

HP RX4640
Frequent Advisor

HP RP4440 BOOTING HP-UX 11i V3

I am haveing trouble loading my rp4440 with O/S after booting to MP I boot to CO / CConsole which goes directly to ISL> ... I t did once seem as if it was booting it's self but failed. It will only boot to ISL> now and I don't have any idea how to boot from ISL I do not know the command and can't find it..

PLease help.
2 REPLIES 2
Robert_Jewell
Honored Contributor

Re: HP RP4440 BOOTING HP-UX 11i V3

ISL is simply a boot loader interface, so there may be no problem. You may have even told the system to stop at ISL.

When you boot up manually you are asked if you want to interact with IPL. If you answer yes, the boot process stops at the ISL prompt (ISL and IPL can be referred to as the same thing).

You can also confirm the AUTO file (file that ISL uses when autobooting):
ISL> LSAUTOFL

This should say file contains "hpux" or "hpux vmunix". If its something else, that could be the problem.

Either way, to boot the OS do the following:
ISL>hpux

-Bob
----------------
Was this helpful? Like this post by giving me a thumbs up below!
Andrew Rutter
Honored Contributor

Re: HP RP4440 BOOTING HP-UX 11i V3

hi Jim,

easiest way to get it to stop at pdc is just pull the drives out slightly, and remove the media from the cd/dvd and possibly lan cable, if your trying to install from ignite server?

it should after failing to boot, just stop at PDC, you will get an error in the MP, but that can be cleared.

the push the drives in and boot from here as you wish

Andy