HPE 9000 and HPE e3000 Servers
1752725 Members
5696 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP-UX Server Problem!!!

HP-UX Server Problem!!!

Hi,

I am having a HP 9000 D class Server and its Dat Drive is not working.
Actually I am getting some error messages,
FLT 1108, FLT 5508, FLT 5548,
TRAPS WARN CBFA
CBFI
CBFC
CBFO
Can any one help me to resolve this problem.Or from where I can get error code description what actually gone wrong in this.It is very urgent as nothing is working at my end due to this.
And more information I would like to share is that there a configuration console cable one side with 25 pin male and other side is 9 pin female.

Thanks & Regards
Rishi
5 REPLIES 5
Vincent Farrugia
Honored Contributor

Hello,

Try to reseat your memory, especially those on slots 1. If this does not work, try to replace memory. If this does not work, replace the processor/memory card.

HTH,
Vince
Tape Drives RULE!!!

Hi Vincent,

I tried to reseat the memory,even tried to change the slots also but still the problem is there itself that $$$ display is coming.Now the second thing which u told me to replace the Processor/memory card is not possible at my end untill and unless I am sure about whether the card is only faulty.As I have to give excat status what is faulty.

Thanks & Rgds
Rishi
Vincent Farrugia
Honored Contributor

Hello,

Most probably you processor/memory board is faulty at this point.

I've had a lot of D-Class servers having these FLTs... in all cases only a processor/memory board swap solved the problem. I told you to try to swap memory first just to be complete. In all probability, though, you have a faulty processor/memory board which you must replace.

To be 100% sure, though, I suggest you open a call with HP response center regarding this problem and see what they will answer.

HTH,
Vince
Tape Drives RULE!!!
Stefan Stechemesser
Honored Contributor

1108 means "Illegal instruction trap", the rest of the codes indicate a HPMC (High Priority Machine Check" has happened.
Caus can be a bad CPU board (internal error, not a seating problem) or a bad software containing the bad instruction. Call the HP support and let them analyze the HPMC (/var/tombstones/ts99) and/or the dump under /var/adm/crash.

best regards

Stefan

Hi

It seems you got an HPMC in your server, to troubleshoot the problem better to send the sequence of the errors:
you reboot your machine and break the boot sequence de get the BCH prompt at
BCH > SER
SER> PIMINFO
try to record all the information and post it to locate the problem.

mourad