HPE 9000 and HPE e3000 Servers
1748239 Members
3689 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP line impact printer

Christine Heslin

HP line impact printer

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows of a HP Support partner in the Republic of Ireland that provides support for obsolete HP hardware ?
In particular a line impact printer , HP 2563C..

Thanks..
11 REPLIES 11
Eric Sorensen_1
Honored Contributor

Hello Christine,

I am unable to direct you to a source for support for that printer, but if you are looking to repair a broken printer, perhaps there are other solutions:

1. obtain a replacement printer (the cost of buying a used 256x would likely be similar to paying several months' support).

2. buy a new printer from Printronix (see www.printronix.com-- the P5000 series should be compatible with your 2563).

3. if you are using the serial interface, then almost any dot-matrix printer could be used if the DTC port is configured as Term-Type 18.
A problem well defined is half solved.
Christine Heslin

Thanks Eric,

I have already got quotes for a replacement from Printronix and will most likely have to go down that route.. Since the printer is working fine for the moment, I was having a last effort at finding someone to support it.. I know it's old but I don't want to throw it out just yet !

Thanks for your response.
Kwan Fong, Emile
Honored Contributor

Hello Christine,

ABTech, based in California US, is well-known to provide quality HP refurbished products (and HP 256x printers!). They have offices in United Kingdom and France. You can give it a try; here's the link; look under peripherals and worldwide locations. http://www.abtechsys.com/index.html
King is the customer!
Chuck Ciesinski
Honored Contributor

Christine,
You might try posting your question to HP3000-L@raven.utc.edu. There
are numerous listers in the UK and France, who might be able to help you. Contacting Christian at
lheureux@appic.com in France could be a good start.

Other sources of information on hardware vendors are: www.interex.org, and www.3kworld.com

HTH,

Chuck Ciesinski
"Show me the $$$$$"
Jesse Dougherty
Honored Contributor

Hi Christine, I'm a little late on the reply but our company sells and refurbishes the 256x series printers. It probably would not make much sense to try to ship it from Ireland to florida to fix. To purchase a refurbished replacement 2563C RS-232
printers would cost around $700.00 USD

Hope this helps

Jesse
Cypress Technology Inc
Re-sellers of HP 3000/9000 Products
727-557-0911
jesse@cypress-tech.com
JERRY DE FRATES

Christine

do you need PCL??

jerry
paul courry
Honored Contributor

What usually goes out on a 2563 printer are the foam rubber rollers or the paper sensors. Using the 2563 service manual available from HP (search this forum under courry and 2563 for the part number) it is easy to service these things. (I used to work for Abtech Systems as a CE).
John McSweeney

Hi Christine,
I was wondering if you what the outcome was - did you choose to upgrade? or Repair?

By the way did you go to R.T.C. and study instrument physics?

J.McSweeney@ucc.ie
Don't rush de brush
Blue-IT-Ranger

Hi Christene
Try giving Newcorp Services a call, we have 9 Line Impact Printers, including the 2563C printer. Newcorp Services support our line printers for all hardware problems and provide maintenance when needed.

Contact details:-
Tel No: 01477 500766
Fax No: 01477 500242
web: www.newcorp.co.uk

Regards
Lee