cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP rp3410 server failed to boot up

wei_11
Occasional Contributor

HP rp3410 server failed to boot up

I am new to HP hardware. Last week (April,2005) we ordered HP rp3410 server, we also ordered video card for the server from HP. According to documentation, it has preinstalled with HPUX 11i version 1.0. I connect monitor to video card, USB mouse and keyboard. After power on the machine, it will not boot. The only thing I saw is under the bottom of the screen: Remote mode, Display function. type ctrl+B does not work either. Anyone can help?
4 REPLIES 4
Thayanidhi
Honored Contributor

Re: HP rp3410 server failed to boot up

The video card was pre-installed from HP?

If not then driver may not be available in the system. Connect a serial console to console port and try to find the system status. what is the LED statuses?
All green? Power and run are on?

Ctrl+B will work only on MP lan or local serial console.

Regds
TT
Attitude (not aptitude) determines altitude.
wei_11
Occasional Contributor

Sytem LED is blinking yellow, LAN LED is blinking green. All other 4 diagnostic LEDs are off. The graphic card A6150B was preinstalled by HP.
I connect to serial port Console, it looks like it is booting up and I selected language. But if I connect graphic card to monitor, there is no output.
Ian Vaughan
Honored Contributor

Howdy,
What screen resolution can your monitor display? Is it possible that the card is outputting in a bigger resolution than the monitor can cope with?

I'm doing this from memory so bear with me..

Start with the basics - serial rs232 into Management Processor - 8-None-1 - Admin/Admin -
MP>cm
CM>lc
setup the LAN config - save your settings & use lan cable into MP rj45 & telnet to MP again
MP>co
If the box has been factory installed you should now get a series of questions asking you how you want the box setup? Answer the questions - set what you need to set. When you get this far report back and we'll see waht is up with Xserver etc so that the display doesn't work
HTH
Ian
Hope that helps - please click "Thumbs up" for Kudos if it does
## ---------------------------------------------------------------------------##
Which is the only cheese that is made backwards?
Edam!
Tweets: @2techie4me
wei_11
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for all the replys. It is known issue for graphic card A6150B. The card will not be alive until CDE X window starts. I need to set up configuration from serial console. This is a brand new machine which has not been setup.