108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HPMC

SOLVED
Go to solution
Sameer_Nirmal
Honored Contributor

Looking at the ts99 file, the cause seems to with external core IO card or with a peripheral connected to it. I do suspect the problem with the external core IO card itself as a cause of HPMC.

Log a H/W call with HP and get it fixed.

Regarding your concern about event logs for the RAID controller. As per ts99 file, there is no reference of RAID controller card being a part the HPMC cause. If you want to know more about those event logs of the RAID controller, run logtool as follows and look for logtool.formatted file for details about those events.

Create logtoo.txt file as below

#Print the formatted logtool to /tmp directory
#
# Syntax: 'cstm -f logtool.txt'
#
ru
logtool
rs
saveas
/tmp/logtool.summary
done
fl
/var/stm/logs/os
saveas
/tmp/logtool.formatted
done
quit
ok
quit
ok

Now run it using and check the files under /tmp.

# cstm -f logtool.txt
Marius Pana_1
Regular Advisor

Thank you for your response. I will have to see about contacting HP. The tools that you used to analyze the ts99 file are freely availble? In other words I would be interested in being able to interpret the crash dumps.

Thanks again.
"The Linux philosophy is 'Laugh in the face of danger'. Oops. Wrong One. 'Do it yourself'. Yes, that's it." --Linus Torvalds
Michael Steele_2
Honored Contributor

Here's a doc on how to use the q4 crash dump analyzer:

http://www2.itrc.hp.com/service/cki/docDisplay.do?docLocale=en_US&docId=200000081507423
Support Fatherhood - Stop Family Law
Robert_Jewell
Honored Contributor

I would also be interested in looking at tombstone analysis for these "newer" machines. It can save time and effort for us self-maintainers (at least on entry level servers). Any help in this would be appreciated.

bj94northyahoocom
>>DOOM AND DARKNESS TO ALL SPAMMERS!!<<

-Bob
----------------
Was this helpful? Like this post by giving me a thumbs up below!