5307 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HW-entries im PDC - how delete

Konrad Hegner
Frequent Advisor

HW-entries im PDC - how delete

Hello

We had for some tests a interface card in a rp7400 and we had to configure it in the PDC (or BCH, whatever do you call it). After this tests, we put it out from the server. But since this time we have every boot from the machine an error-message (it is also available in the system-mails).
The engineer from HP told us, that there is a wrong configuration and we have to change it (delete) it. I have to do it in the Service-Menu.
So far so good, but how can I delete this entry without a card in the slot (I think the error is because the empty slot).
This are my commands and the error message:

Service Menu: Enter command > scsi
output:
Path (dec) Init ID SCSI Rate Auto Term
------------ -------- ---------- ---------
0/12/0/0/4/0 7 Ultra Misc. Error

Service Menu: Enter command > scsi 0/12/0/0/4/0 delete
output:
ERROR: Path entered does not point at a valid SCSI device.

How can I delete the information without a hardware-card? If 'not possible' is the answer, do I need the exact same card (same typ) or can I install a different card for this procedure?

Thanx
6 REPLIES 6
Joseph Loo
Honored Contributor

hi,

read this:

http://www2.itrc.hp.com/service/cki/docDisplay.do?docLocale=en_US&docId=200000068403332

especially the section "Hardware Paths and Error Checking"

hope it helps.

regards.
what you do not see does not mean you should not believe
Stefan Stechemesser
Honored Contributor

Hi,

this is really a bad situation. There are two ways to get out of it:

1.) Install a SCSI card (type does not matter) in the same slot and use the scsi clear command
2.) Use the "de" command in configuration menue to clear the NVRAM to default settings, but this also clears the othe SCSI settings and the PRI/HAA/ALT booth path. However on a rp7400 it is not much work resetting the paths and the scsi settings for the other cards.

I hope this helps

Stefan

Konrad Hegner
Frequent Advisor

Hello

I wrote above a wrong error-message:
Service Menu: Enter command > scsi 0/12/0/0/4/0 delete

ERROR: Valid arguments are TERM, INIT, RATE and DELETE.

@Stefan:
Ich kann leider nur dein Vorschlag 2 ausprobieren, da der Umbau (einbau einer Karte) im Moment zu aufwaendig (und zu riskant) waere. Leider hat er mir diese Errors nicht herausgeloescht. Trotzdem danke fuer die Hilfe.

English: I tried the solution 2 (with the 'de' command), it doesn't work.
Stefan Stechemesser
Honored Contributor

Hi Konrad,

hm - I feel this problem needs a solution ;-) I made some tests on our rp8400 and found the "scsi default" command in service menue. Did you already try it ? It worked on my system and should also work on your rp7400.

Beste Grüà e

Stef
Konrad Hegner
Frequent Advisor

Stefan

No, the rp7400 doesn't support this command (scsi default)
And by the way I wrote in my last message a wrong command and so was the error-message also wrong.

Here the correct message:
Service Menu: Enter command > scsi delete 0/12/0/0/4/0
ERROR: Need to provide a valid path for DELETE option.

Stefan Stechemesser
Honored Contributor

Hi Konrad,

unfortunately, I could just verify on a rp7400 that the scsi default command does not exist :-( firmware 43.43 )

Stefan