7717 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Hard Disk support for HP9000 T600 server

Abdul Salam H S_1
Frequent Advisor

Hard Disk support for HP9000 T600 server

Hi,

I need to create some additional Hard Disk space in my T Class T600 server.Already got both of my external storage (AutoRaid 12H) Array fully loaded.Now, I'm planning to configure an internal Hard Disk attached to a External Single Ended DiskStation.Could anyone tell me what is the maximum capacity internal Disk supported in this system? I need around 20-30GB additional space.The OS version is HP-UX 10.20

I have got another Model20 Nike array with all 4GB disk modules. This array has 5 disk slots free.What about the possibility of installing additional 5 * 9GB or 3 * 18GB disks in this array?

Thanks & Best Regards,
Abdul Salam
2 REPLIES 2
Ted Buis
Honored Contributor

Before adding disks to the Model 20 Nike array, you should make sure that the firmware can handle the larger size drives or if it needs to be updated. Also, you should only use the HP disks (used at this point) that were supported in that array. Slight differences in disk drive firmware could make an important difference as could the array firmware.
Mom 6
Abdul Salam H S_1
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

Thats exactly what I'm looking for. Anyone got an idea what firmware of Nike Array support 9 or 18GB disk modules along with existing 4GB modules?

Thanks & Best Regards,
Abdul Salam