HPE 9000 and HPE e3000 Servers
1753797 Members
7454 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How do I reset GSP users and passwords on RP4440?

SOLVED
Go to solution
John Moorhead_2
Advisor

How do I reset GSP users and passwords on RP4440?

I need to wipe out all GSP user logins and passwords back to factory default. I cannot boot down to the OS because I can't get into the system, so I cannot use the GSPdiag1 device driver trick. I tried pressing in the TOC button on the front panel while applying power but that doesn't do the trick.
5 REPLIES 5
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor

Administrators have more capabilities than Operators:

Administrator-Only Commands:
AR (Automatic server Restart), DC (Default Configuration), IT (Inactivity Timeout), LC (LAN Configuration), PG (PaGing), SO (Security Options)

The GSP Command interface permission/access level: The permission/access level is set by the first user that types CTRL-B to initiate it. If that user is an operator-user, then the command interface runs in operator mode. Even if an administrator-user logs in later or if the operator-user disconnects, the mode stays the same. The mode will only change when the GSP command interface is left (to go to COnsole, for instance), and CTRL-B is typed again to return.

If no users are configured then all connections to the GSP have administrator capability. The first user configured will have adminstrator capability, when you configure additional users, you have the choice to give the user administrator or operator capability.

If you forget the administrator user or password you must reset the users configuration via a small reset button on Core I/O card at back of the system to regain access to the GSP. After the GSP finishes its reset, you will see a prompt and have the opportunity to reset the user configuration. If you don't answer the prompt before it times out, the user configuration will be retained.

Please refer to
http://docs.hp.com/en/32650-90892/aphs02.html
John Moorhead_2
Advisor

The problem is, I'm not finding the normal reset button on the back panel of this system. There are two buttons on the front of the system: one is the TOC and the other is Power On. Neither one has the functionality to clear the user and password list.

Is there an internal button perhaps, or a jumper to change, DIP switch to flip or other action to be taken?
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor
Solution

From the link above, see

Figure 1-21 I/O Baseboard LEDs, Buttons, and Sensors

The button is on the lower left corner.

You can access it from outside!

See

Figure 1-12 Server Rear View

The button is behind the chassis on the lower left corner.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
John Moorhead_2
Advisor

Thanks Torsten! I had gone to the WTEC server support web site and looked through the docs but did not see this tidbit. That button is accessible from the outside, but if you didn't know it was there, you'd miss it - no label or indication that it is there from the outside. Many thanks!