7980 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

How to Install HP-ux 11.0

Ganesh Anekar
Advisor

How to Install HP-ux 11.0

Hi,

I have D Class Machine.It was having previously hp 10.0 and now it is not working..not booting at all.

So how should i do the installation on that? I have HP-UX 11.0 cds.

Please Guide.
Ganesh
Interested to learn HP-unix,Sun and problem solving
3 REPLIES 3
S.K. Chan
Honored Contributor

Re: How to Install HP-ux 11.0

Basically put the "Core OS Install" CD in the cdrom. Powerup/bootup the machine. Interrupt it by pressing ESC key. In the bootadmin mode enter "Search" and it'll show you the path of the CDROM to boot up from. I'm giving some URLs which will help you too.

Click on "CD Install for Easy Setup" for the URL below ..

http://docs.hp.com/hpux/os/11.0/index.html#Installing%20and%20Updating

Also more detail instruction below ..

http://docs.hp.com/hpux/onlinedocs/5187-0103/5187-0103.html

Hope it helps..
MANOJ SRIVASTAVA
Honored Contributor

Hi Ganesh

I understand this looks to be astale h/w and you are trying to revive it . First of all most of the systems support 32 bit HPUX 11.00 and some later systems also support 64 bit HPUX 11.00focourse there is min of 128 MB RAM required , also the root disk space atleast 2 .0 GB to start wiht , incase you have these resource tehn just go aheasd and put the OS core CD , boot on console and boot from teh CDROm media and you should eb able to go from there . You can also serach the forum for the step by step installtion which will include
after you are some what deciced on waht the sizes of the partitions should be and what are the applications/w to be laoded , one word of caution si HPUX 11.00 64 bit there is no support for EISA drivers so if you LAN card on EISA bus tehn you will nto be able to use them , other than that most of theings are comabitle upwards.
All the best.

Manoj Srivastava
Ganesh Anekar
Advisor

hi Manoj and chan,

How are you?

Thanks for your help.

I will proceed to installation.If I get any probs i will post the questions.

Thanks again
bye for now
Ganesh
Interested to learn HP-unix,Sun and problem solving