1752795 Members
5722 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

How to increase memory on an rp3440

frederick hannah
Super Advisor

How to increase memory on an rp3440

I have a dual-core, rp3440 with 12GB of memory @ 12 x 1024GB dimms. I want to increase memory to at least 16GB so am I thinking of replacing 4 of the 1024 chips with 4 2048 chips. Would that be correct or do you advise mixing different sized memory chips?
4 REPLIES 4
Tingli
Esteemed Contributor

Re: How to increase memory on an rp3440

My suggestion is go to the hp web site and find the doc of memory installation. Read it carefully before doing anything on it.

Or go to the easy way, pay hp for an engineer to do the job.
Mel Burslan
Honored Contributor

It is doable. I am not sure about the intermixing the different size memory modules on 3440s but we do it on 4440 machines without any adversity. Although, if you feel the need to upgrade from 12 to 16 GB today, I can pretty much guarantee you that you will need even more in the near future. WHy not invest a little more money today to replace all modules to 2GB ? I thin 24 GB is the most this class of server can accommodate. Once you are maxed, your users may not be able to blame lack of resources when their process runs slow or whatever else.

thsnks. I like the 2GB option.
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Just a couple of comments since the thread has already been closed. First the max for the rp3440 is 32GB. Second, if you do end up mixing sizes, the larger dimms need to go in the lower numbered slots.

Pete

Pete