1751695 Members
4746 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to reset unknown priveledged GSP accounts on RP2470

John Moorhead_2
Advisor

How to reset unknown priveledged GSP accounts on RP2470

I have an RP2470 (A-Class) which had unknown GSP login and password. After trying all the normal combinations, I finally pressed in and held the GSP reset button on the back panel for 10 seconds. I can now log into the GSP and access the system using return/return. But when I issue the SO command to change the GSP login and password to secure known values, it says I am not logged in using a priveledged account. How can I reset the entire GSP to factory default values, or at least reset the GSP login data back to default?
15 REPLIES 15
Tim Nelson
Honored Contributor

Can you type in who from a cm> prompt to see who you are logged in as ?

not that this matters much..
John Moorhead_2
Advisor

The User Name and IP fields show blank, and the Port shows LOCAL.
Tim Nelson
Honored Contributor

You can try from MP> UC -all default

This is suppose to reset all user accounts back to default(Admin:Admin).

or so the CM help on DC says this.

DC : Default Configuration- reset all parameters

Command access level: MP Configuration access.

This command sets all MP parameters back to their default values.

To restore specific configurations to their defaults use the following commands:
Remote Console Serial Port Modem configuration: CA -all DEFAULT
MP IP configuration : LC -all DEFAULT
Remote Access Configuration : SA -all DEFAULT
Command Interface configuration : IT -all DEFAULT
MP Security configuration : SO -all DEFAULT
MP Session configuration : IT -all DEFAULT
MP User configuration : UC -all DEFAULT
SNMP Configuration : SNMP -all DEFAULT

Command line usage:
DC [ -all default [ -nc ] ]

!!!!

Tim Nelson
Honored Contributor

Here is another option: Not sure if it works on rp2470.

Run the following command on the command line to "reboot" the GSP (without rebooting the server):
stty +resetGSP < /dev/GSPdiag1

When you run this command you will get a prompt on the console: "Press 'p' now
to clear all GSP passwords and users...". If you press "p" and then confirm it
(you only have a few seconds to respond), the GSP user/password info is wiped.
Generic login and password is either: Admin Admin or (blank
blank - in other words)

Taken from Michael Steele's response on:
http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1197571
John Moorhead_2
Advisor

Part of my problem right now is that I cannot access the DC command and ergo any sub commands. The system says I do not have enough priveleges. So I need to reset the GSP to factory default somehow - I just don't know how!
John Moorhead_2
Advisor

I'm told by a colleague that there is a dip switch on the systemboard that one needs to flip the other way for a few seconds, then flip back and this will revert the gsp to factory default conditions. I'll try that. Of course, all configured info will be lost, so I'll need to re-config the LC LAN parms and the user configs etc., but that's a small price to pay.
Robert-Jan Goossens_1
Honored Contributor

Hi John,

Your colleague is correct, there is a GSP reset button on the back of the server. Press and hold for 5 seconds, there should be a message on the console if you would like to comfirm resettting the gsp.

page 79
http://docs.hp.com/en/2411/rp24xx_customer.pdf

Regards,
Robert-Jan
Tim Nelson
Honored Contributor

Looks like John did the hold the reset button as a first try.

How about the reset from the OS mentioned above? Assuming you are running HPUX, if not there is also an ILO utility for Windows that is worth a shot.

John Moorhead_2
Advisor

Hi all, thanks for all the input, but unfortunately it hasn't solved the problem yet. The DIP switch on the system board is for CPU speed selection only; nothing to do with the GSP. I already tried the rear panel reset with no effect (it did revert from a completely locked-out login/password situation to allowing me to get in with return/return, but it is in a non-priveleged account, so I have no ability to do XD, SO, LC etc), and it also had the secondary effect of killing access to the GSP remotely. Now I cannot re-enable that without more privelege). I'm wondering now if pulling the battery out on the system board will do the trick... Anyone know what side effects that would have other than the obvious (have to re-program the GSP Console LAN etc.) I hesitate to do that without knowing for sure it will reset login/password because right now I have the GSP LAN IP address working. If I reset the unit and it resets the GSP LAN parms but does NOT allow me privelege, then I won't be able to issue LC to change the GSP LAN parms back to what they should be and it will really be toast...