108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to tell if PDT is enabled?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Penni Nussbaum
Frequent Advisor

How to tell if PDT is enabled?

I have a K570 (11.0). I am receiving erros that the PDT is 100% full. The support site said if PDT is enabled, the memory is cleared at reboot. How can I tell if PDT is enabled?

3 REPLIES 3
Mark Grossman
Regular Advisor
Solution

Use STM and run the logtool on memory - it will give you a report of page deallocation. If any are status of pending (which i bet you have) then you need a reboot. However, I'd open a call and send it to HP because you may have some bad memory. The logtool will tell you how many errors a certain memory chip is getting.
good luck,
Mark
Magdi KAMAL
Respected Contributor

Hi ,

In most cases, if you have troubles with PDT ( Page De-allocation Table ), The reason is that the DIMM Slot memory is defect and the hp-ux is no more able to handle the allocated entries to be released. So, try using the XSTM ( motif ) or STM ( ascii ) to fetch out what's gonna wrong ( number of entries free and used ).
paul courry
Honored Contributor

You have bad juju. If you have PDT full errors you have a bad memory chip that needs immediate replacement.

The memory in the boxes is SDRAM ECC. It catches and fixes single bit errors. Too many errors gets that page deallocated and stuck in the PDT.

HOWEVER! Single bit errors are nothing but harbingers for double bit errors which aren't detectable by the memory and will crash your system. So if you see single bit errors it is time to replace that memory chip (all memory is lifetime warranty today).