New Discussion юеВ

Hpux CD-ROM Format Help

SOLVED
Go to solution
Steven Chen_1
Super Advisor

Hpux CD-ROM Format Help

Hi,

When I installed Oracle 8# on hpux10.20, I have to mount cd in pfs_mountd, a special way. While I am going to cold install that box to 11i, I would like to know if I still face the same issue when I install another Oracle V8#.

The CD-ROM claimed by Oracle is ISO 9600 format with Rockridge extensions.

It would be very appreciated if someone help with this issue.

Steven
Steve
4 REPLIES 4
A. Clay Stephenson
Acclaimed Contributor
Solution

Re: Hpux CD-ROM Format Help

Hi Steven,

The short answer is yes; you still need to build an /etc/pfs_fstab, start the pfs daemons; ... . If you are installing one of the 8.1.x versions it's even a bit worse because you have to pfs_mount the first disk; install; pfs_umount and then pfs_mount the 2nd disk and install. The trick there is not be cd'ed to /cdrom or you will not be able to pfs_
umount. The other option is to pfs_mount and copy at both cd's to a directory and install from there.

Clay
If it ain't broke, I can fix that.
Sanjay_6
Honored Contributor

Hi Stephen,

Clay is right. We have to live with pfs_mount and all that stuff. No going around it.

The suggestion clay had abount mounting the CD and coping it to a local directory would be a good idea if you can spare that much of disk space. They will be 2 CD's for 8i etc. Have a look at the system Admin Manual for Oracle on HP-UX at oracle web-site.
docs.oracle.com

http://docs.oracle.com/database_mp_8i.html

hope this helps.

thanks
Steven Chen_1
Super Advisor

I want to add points to those who are generous to help in recent postings, but never seen the button to show up to do so.

Steve
Sanjay_6
Honored Contributor

Hi,

for that you should be logged in into the ITRC.

thanks