108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Integrated Access Port commands on K580

SOLVED
Go to solution
Philip Kime
Regular Advisor

Integrated Access Port commands on K580

Does anyone know where I can find documentation for the primitive GSP-like IAP on a K580? Specifically, I need to shut a machine down (which is 60 miles away) and then start it again remotely. I can shut it down normally using the console (I have remote console access) but it's not clear to me how to restart it again - must be done by the IAP presumably (I can get to this by Ctrl-B from the remote console) but I'm not sure which command restarts the machine ...
5 REPLIES 5
Jeff Schussele
Honored Contributor

Hi Phillip,

I suspect the key may be in the service position which stops the system at the BCH prompt. So make sure the key is in the run position & then a shutdown -ry now from the console should reboot the system all the way.
IF it was halted with shutdown -h then the RS (reset) command should start the boot.

Rgds,
Jeff
PERSEVERANCE -- Remember, whatever does not kill you only makes you stronger!
Philip Kime
Regular Advisor

Thanks - just to be sure - the key is in the service position (otherwise I can't get to the IAP at all anyway via the console) and I have to shut down (shutdown -h) and reboot six hours later (power upgrade on the site). So an RS in the IAP will reboot normally with the key in service-mode position? I'm sure I've done this before and it was ok ...
Jeff Schussele
Honored Contributor
Solution

Yes, it will get to the BCH prompt at which point you can ctrl-B to the console & issue the bo pri command to proceed.

Rgds,
Jeff
PERSEVERANCE -- Remember, whatever does not kill you only makes you stronger!
Joshua Scott
Honored Contributor

Actually, if you have the autoboot flag set in the BCH, the system will boot itself no matter what position the key is in. I always have the key in the service position, and never have an issue with it stopping at the BCH, as long as the autoboot flag is set in the configuration menu of the BCH.

Josh
What are the chances...
Philip Kime
Regular Advisor

Yes, that's right - I do the same - I just finished the intervention and the machine booted up twice completely without stopping and with the key in service mode. Very useful if you have a remote console as you can see the TEST messages in the IAP.