HPE 9000 and HPE e3000 Servers
1748274 Members
4014 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Is there a command to get GSP card serial number...??

SOLVED
Go to solution
Eric Antunes
Honored Contributor

Is there a command to get GSP card serial number...??

...because patch PHSS_29519 suggests a firmware upgrade for A6696B GSP cards for L-Class servers...

So, how can I see my GSP card serial number?
Each and every day is a good day to learn.
8 REPLIES 8
Jeff_Traigle
Honored Contributor

Don't know about finding the part number (not serial number) unless it's listed on your invoice from when you purchased the system (assuming it's not been replaced since purchase), but the patch should mention what revision of the firmware you need. Compare that with what's displayed in the GSP HELP menu.
--
Jeff Traigle
Eric Antunes
Honored Contributor

Hi,

On the GSP HElp, I get Firmware Revision A.01.12

The patch says that firmware should be updated to B.02.11 or C.02.05...

What to do?
Olivier Decorse
Respected Contributor

I think that you can read it, behind the server. On a label, or on the tongue.

An other idea (really not sure) : with ioscan, may be. Disks product number are display like this.

Olivier.
They say "install windows 2k, xp or better", so i install unix !
Jeff_Traigle
Honored Contributor

I tried looking up that patch, but it came back not found. What is it?

Looks like your GSP is up-to-date. We upgraded ours rp2400s to A.01.12 not too long ago. Found the following thread from a couple of years ago (thanks to Google since the ITRC search function seems to not be working today), that explains decoding GSP model and firmware revisions on L, N, and A class systems. Based on your firmware being A revision, it would seem you have model A6696A of the GSP instead of A6696B. What implication that has for your patch, I haven't a clue. :)

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?admit=716493758+1094244034808+28353475&threadId=23313
--
Jeff Traigle
Eric Watson_2
Advisor
Solution

Hi Jeff,

The firmware referenced in the patch is no tfor a revision A GSP card. You have a revision A GSP card. It can be indentified by the firmware revision of A.01.12. Revision B gsp cards use the B or C series of firmware. The C revision series of firmware is only found on A-Class systems (rp24xx). The B series of firmware is only found on Revision B GSP cards on L and N-Class systems (rp54xx or rp7400)

Hope that helps, Eric
Eric Watson_2
Advisor

Jeff,

One more thing. For future reference you have a A6696A product number GSP card installed.

Eric
malvin drakley
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Antunes,
if you have "mstm" installed on your system then you can select all and do an information run and the gsp serial numbers will be listed for you
cheers
malvin
Not me Chief, I'm Radar
Eric Antunes
Honored Contributor

Thanks for all answers!

Patch is PHNE_29519, not PHSS_29519!

Eric, maybe you're right but why it is said on the patch "Special Instrucions" that:

"If patch PHNE_27393 or any of its superseding patches up this patch are installed on rp7400, rp54xx, L-Class with A6696B GSP cards or rp24xx systems, then the GSP firmware should be updated to B.02.11 or C.02.05 or later."

So, I'm not sure that the last letter of serial number indicates what firmware version it should have installed...

I've just saw a repair note, and it said SCSI PCI Board A5150A.