1753485 Members
4646 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: K-460 Network Upgrade

richls1
Frequent Advisor

K-460 Network Upgrade

Have a K-460 running HP-UX, I'm using the 10baseT on the Core I/O board for the network connection. Would like to know what I need and what is involoved to upgrade to 100Mbps. Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Mark Nieuwboer
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Rich,

First by a networkcard which can handle 100 Mbps. a regular 4 poorts network card must be sufficient.
Install it in your server. I believe for the K-460 server, the server must be down for this. boot the server and make sure the card is recognised by the operating sytem.
If the card is not seen by the system try to do insf -e twice to install the drivers.
After this you can use the card. with lanscan you can see which port you can use. and with ifconfig you can configure this port. To make sure it stays configured after a reboot also make the changes in /etc/inetd.conf.

good luck
grtz. mark
Jesse Dougherty
Honored Contributor

you just need a A3495A 10/100Base-TX LAN adapter interface board - For the HP-PB I/O board slot - Auto senses between 10Mbps and 100Mbps
Andrew Rutter
Honored Contributor

hi rich,

There are only two options for you and this depends upon what available slots you have in the K460.

1, you could install one or more A3495A 10/100 HPPB interfaces
These fit in the slots to the left of the core IO card.

2, you could install one or more J3514A HSC interfaces, these are dual port 100BT interfaces. This would either fit onto the spare slot on the core IO card if it is free, or onto a HSC expansion board if you have it, or purchase it. This fits to the right of the core IO board.

There is no 4 port card for the K classes as mark has said.

The server needs to be turned off to install the cards and then the drivers installing from the applications cd's.
Once this is done you can configure the interfaces as you wish

Andy
Mark Nieuwboer
Esteemed Contributor

Thnx andrew for the correction.
Worked to long with n4000 and rpxxxx.

grtz. Mark