108787 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

K400 troubles

K400 troubles

Hello,

from time to time server shuts off with this messages on the front LCD:

DC OVERVOLTAGE
POWER SHUTDOWN

after that server turns on only after a few hours of idle. But the boot-process failed with next cycling messages on the LCD:

FLT 5002
FLT CBFC
FLT CBF1
FLT CBF0

till the end of time ;)

Only after memory board reinsertion or memory board and CPUs reinsertion/swaping server bots into normal condition.

The question is what I have to replace? System board, power monitor board, power supply or I have to burn this server?

Thank you.
6 REPLIES 6
Robert_Jewell
Honored Contributor

Re: K400 troubles

The DC Overvoltage typically indicates a problem with the power supply. There is a chance there is a problem with the power monitor board as well, but less likely. The PM card is used throughout the K class series so if you have another server and some down-time to play with you can try the PM board to see if this helps or not.

The part numbers if you are curious are:

0957-0279 925 Watt Power Supply
A3641-60025 Power Monitor Board

-Bob
----------------
Was this helpful? Like this post by giving me a thumbs up below!
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

I fully agree with Robert. I only want to add that if this problem will reoccur try unplugging server's power cord from its power supply, wait a little and try powering it on again. It should work as soon as all the electricity will drain out and all circuits will be reset completely
Eugeny

Problem with PS is not the main. The primary target is problem with FLT. Unfortunately this server - only one. And I can't play with boards. Replacement of the PS costs a lot of money, may be this replacement solves "DC Overvoltage" problem, but what about FLTs?

Thanks.
Massimo Bianchi
Honored Contributor

FLT CBFC CHASSIS_PR_TO_OS_HPMC_FAILED
FLT CBF0 CHASSIS_HPMC_INITIATED HPMC handling initiated
FLT CBF1 CHASSIS_NO_OS_HPMC_IN_IVA OS did not replace IVA
FLT 5002 CHASSIS_PATH_ERROR_ASSERTED Assertion of Path_ERROR detected

Good Luck
Massimo

Thank you, Massimo. But I know the descriptions of this major codes. How can I determine which part I have to replace?

Serhiy.
Saurav_1
Valued Contributor

Hi,

May be we are able to resolve this issue. If possible pls attach the latest pim file from /var/tombstones directory or from BCH prompt go to service menu. type PIM and capture the text in txt file. and attach. to ur message.

Regards

Saurav