HPE 9000 and HPE e3000 Servers
1753861 Members
7557 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: K460 system board removal and FLT3000 message ?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Sammy_2
Super Advisor

K460 system board removal and FLT3000 message ?

Am getting "FLT 3000: error on the LCD screen of HP9000/K460 server when i try to boot up server. I pulled out one of the
CPU board and now I get "FLT 3200" message. Put it back like it was and still get "FLT 3200".

I am told I need to replace (A3284-69505) System processor Board on the server.

Is the System Board same a HP 9000 Core I/O board ?
If not, where is the system board located and how do I pull Sys Board out ?
what components do I need unplug b4 I pull out System Board ?

Thanks
good judgement comes from experience and experience comes from bad judgement.
9 REPLIES 9
A. Clay Stephenson
Acclaimed Contributor
Solution

No, the system board is the board that the Core I/O, the Processors, and the Memory Carriers plug in to. Normally this is not a "do it yourself" replacement because you also have to run the ss_config program to tell the system that it is a K-460 (for exapmle). The same board might be used in multiple models. Only an HP Mr. Goodwrench is supposed to have access to the ss_config program.
If it ain't broke, I can fix that.
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Andy Torres
Trusted Contributor

I've had this Word document for a long time, copied from an online HP document I can never find too quickly. It has all the HPMC codes for K-class servers. Yours appears to be getting the "FEPROM checksum failure" message.

This isn't really a do-it-yourselfer if this is a company production (or development, really) server. Have HP replace the part so you have the protection of a guarantee.
Sammy_2
Super Advisor

Thanks to all. this is a test box and I want to try doing this on my own as we don't have any warranty.

Do I still need to ss_config utility even
if I pull out system board from another functional k460 system and put it on this one ?

And Do I really need to call and pay hp just to run this utility ?

Sameer_Nirmal
Honored Contributor

Hi,

FLT 3000 indicates PDH error occured on System Processor Board at slot 0 . One of the components of the PDH has failed on the board. You can try re-seating the board 0. It is located at left most side
looking from front after removing the front bezal/cover.

I guess you received the FLT 3200 when you pulled out the System processor board at slot 2 from back. Did you powered down the server completly before re-seating the board 2 again?

As far as the FLT error goes, the problem is being detected at "system processor board" level and not at "system board" ( Base board on which all processor cards , Core I/O card are seated )
A. Clay Stephenson
Acclaimed Contributor

If you have another k460 then you can use that systemboard although it would make as much sense (and easier) to move your CPU's, I/O cards, memory carriers, etc. to the other machine. If you do move the system board then the system id will be that of the replacement board so any software keys tied to the old system id will no longer work.
If it ain't broke, I can fix that.
Sammy_2
Super Advisor

The other k460 is at remote locatiion. The parts will be shipped to me. The app. can be reinstalled with the new id if need be. Thanks though. I have the sys board now and I will check out if it works.
Sammy_2
Super Advisor

replaced the system board from another k460. system now does not spit out FLT3200 errors and comes us but have lan detection problem.
Thansk to all who replied.
Sammy_2
Super Advisor

I have posted another thread on NIC detection problem. SO i will close this one.
Thanks to all who replied