7253 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: K570 didn't start anymore

Carlos Y├б├▒ez
Frequent Advisor

K570 didn't start anymore

Hi,
After a reboot,my K570 (HPUX 11iv1) box didn't start.
I've been reported (it is 150 km away) that the display shows the following message:
FLTCBF 01234
TRAPS 012345

I assume this message is prior the OS loading procedure,so this is a HW issue.

Am I right?
What does the message mean?

Regards,
Carlos Y├б├▒ez
5 REPLIES 5
Naveej.K.A
Honored Contributor

Hi Carlos,

Try to find out the exact display message from the person who is on the site.

It has the format

FLT XXXX

and then check the attached document and find out if that matches what you see on the LCD display. It looks like an HPMC error. A defective CPU is a possible reason for HPMC errors.

Regards,
Naveej
practice makes a man perfect!!!
Carlos Y├б├▒ez
Frequent Advisor

The exact error code:

FLT CBF0
TRAPS 012345
Robert_Jewell
Honored Contributor

All that is indicating is that a "nested HPMC" is occuring. Nested as in during POST, so PIM data cannot be reviewed. Not the easiest problem to analyze for sure.

Perhaps your reporting person can watch the LCD closely to see what FLT codes appear prior to this one?

Are you able to interact(or have someone interact) with the console access port? You will need physical access to the server. To try, put the keyswitch into the Service mode and boot up until the fault occurs. Now from the console issue a CTRL and B and you should get to a CA prompt. Depending on your firmware you should be able to issue a CC command or similar to list the chassis codes from the last boot up. You will want the final ones ending with the CBF0 entry. This may shed some light as to what the system was HPMC'ing on.

-Bob
----------------
Was this helpful? Like this post by giving me a thumbs up below!
Ted Buis
Honored Contributor

If you had one of the physically separate HP Secure Web Console units, you could connect to the console port and have LAN access to the console. I don't know if those units are still sold, but they are very handy for remote operation of older K and D class servers. Newer servers built in that functionality.
Mom 6
Naveej.K.A
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Log a call with HP (if you have a contract).

Otherwise it will be tough time determining whether CPU or the CPU card has failed.

Regards,
Naveej
practice makes a man perfect!!!