108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: L Class HPMC decoder? Or help please

SOLVED
Go to solution
Phil1970
Advisor

L Class HPMC decoder? Or help please

Does HP have any HPMC decoders available for download? I have an L Class server that has been having problems and want to analyize what the root cause is. I've attached the ts99 file just in case anyone out there can offer some assistance.
Cheers
5 REPLIES 5
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Do you have a problem with this system this time? The timestamp dates Sep. 2002!

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Andrew Rutter
Honored Contributor

hi,

what does the GSP logs have to say aswell?

post the latest errors if you can

Andy

Phil1970
Advisor

Hi all,

In reply....the server at the moment is running OK but I just want to check what this old ts99 file means. I'm not in the office at the moment and wont be for the next week or so, this means I can't get the GSP logs until then. In the meantime any ideas what the ts99 file contains and what problem this could be for.

Kind regards
Stefan Stechemesser
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi,

ignoring the fact that this error is not of interest anymore 4 years after it has happened:
the HPMC shows that an error happened in the coherency protocol ("access to an invalid entry in the I/O transaction lookaside buffer" (cache of physical to virtual memory address translations)).
This problem is usually cause by software (missing I/O driver patches like SCSI, Lan, Fibre Channel) and is definitely fixed in the meantime because it did not happen again since 4 years.

Don't forget to assign points to Andrew and Torsten ;-)

best regards

Stefan
Phil1970
Advisor

Hi Stefan,

Many thanks for the reply. That sheds some light on this old ts99 file. The system has just been purchased 2nd hand and we wanted to ensure it wasn't likely to be an on going problem. As we are to reinstall the OS and rebuild the server then this shouldn't be an issue. Thanks once more for the help.

Kind regards,

Phil