1752369 Members
6282 Online
108787 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: L2000 hangs during post - cant get to PDC

Steven  Bucek
Frequent Advisor

L2000 hangs during post - cant get to PDC

This problem is not specific to this machine, I have others here that behave the same way and hoping to shead some light on this.

Have L2000 (pn A5191A) with 2gb mem, no drives, no cd, no IO cards beside the core IO and scsi contoller. Using one processor ( 360mhz A5221A ) and one processor terminator ( A5559-62001 )and a PSM. I power on and self tests start running for about 30 sec's then evenything stops, here are the last two lines of information I get

IO machine check 8630
processor unspecified 1000

I KNOW the processor is good, it runs fine in another machine. Anyone else seen this before? I have tried switching the dips for rev A and B motherboards but no such luck.
--To go forward, you must backup
5 REPLIES 5
Sanjay_6
Honored Contributor

Sanjay_6
Honored Contributor

Hi Steve,

A situation similar as your,

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=696656

The solution was re-seating the memory modules.

Hope this helps.

Regds
Steven  Bucek
Frequent Advisor

Sanjay you are correct its A552.
--To go forward, you must backup
Andrew Rutter
Honored Contributor

Hi steve,

can you get to the GSP (control B)?

You should at least be able to get to that and look throught he logs. If you cannot then it may be worth resetting the gsp, this will clear any config though.
also, what do the leds on the front show?

this may help a diagnoses. It is also worth reseating the memory and do make sure you have the processor in the correect slot and the terminator is ok and not damaged.
The power monitor board should also have a heartbeat flashing on it, which would indicate that power is getting through to the system. A minimum of 2psu's is needed to power the L classes and the status of these can also be checked in the GSP.

Andy
Iain Ashley
Trusted Contributor

Hi Steve,
For a 360mhz CPU dip switch S1 needs to be set:

on off on off on

if your system board has a P/N of A5191-69001

or

if it is an A5191-69016 set it to:

on off on on on

You must also have the CPU installd in slot 0 and the terminator in slot 3. Memory must be install in order also.

If this is all OK, then get a dump of the chassis codes from the GSP, and they can be analysed.

Regards
Iain Ashley