1753971 Members
8732 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: L3000 Nic issue

kevin poole_1
Frequent Advisor

L3000 Nic issue

Can the 1000 base T pci x card be installed onto the L3000 server and work? Currently it is installed and the message from ioscan is unknown next to the device. Is there a firmware change or driver that has to be installed as well as the card. Or is this thing just not going to work?
Thank you for you time in responding.
Kevin.
6 REPLIES 6
gsb_2
Regular Advisor

The one we used in our L1500 is a A6825A
V.Manoharan
Valued Contributor

Hi kevin,
Please check whether the PCI X card is installed in the slot 3 or 4 . may be it will not work since these slots are Normal PCI .
Probalbly you can try in slot 11 & 12 which is twin turbo it should support PCI X. similarly you can try on slot 10,9,8,7,6,5 which is turbo I am not sure whether it works.

regards
Mano
Andrew Rutter
Honored Contributor

kevin,

it depends upon the part number of the card and the version of hpux really.

you will definetly need the driver though

if its hpux 11.0 then use the part number of the card for the driver.
if its hpux 11i then you need gigether-01 driver bundle for pci-x cards and gigether-00 for standard pci gig cards

are you sure it is really a pci-x card aswell, as the L3000 doesnt have any pci-x slots?

see this thread, just 64bit pci slots that can run in turbo mode

http://docs.hp.com/en/A5191-96022/ch01s04.html

Andy

kevin poole_1
Frequent Advisor

Andrew,
Where would I find those drivers for 11i. In the driver database? Thanks for the response.
rick jones
Honored Contributor

ISTR that a PCI-X 1.0 card can "work" in a PCI "4x" (aka 64-bit 66 MHz) slot. Still, wrt drivers, an ioscan -fk | grep lan will probably show the card as unclaimed and _may_ list the name of the requisite driver.

there is no rest for the wicked yet the virtuous have no pillows
Andrew Rutter
Honored Contributor

kevin,

There on the application cd no1 or on the application dvd.

They may be downloadable from www.software.hp.com

but should be installed already unless they were excluded or its an older version of hpux 11i

http://docs.hp.com/en/5991-1101/ch04s05.html?jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

check for GigEther bundle or gelan/igelan with swlist to see if there installed?

Andy