1753716 Members
4745 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: LPMC type : I-Cache Parity Error.

Sheriff Andy
Trusted Contributor

LPMC type : I-Cache Parity Error.

This morning I got this message in my syslog, along w/ a dmesg check. I was wondering what anybody's take is on this.

Sep 10 03:30:28 vmunix: LPMC type : I-Cache Parity Error.
5 REPLIES 5
Rick Garland
Honored Contributor

This is a Low Priority Machine Check. Not a major concern unless you are getting lots of them. Typically lots of them in a short time.

If this is true call HP support for hardware.

Do keep track of the LPMC so you know how many and how often
Sridhar Bhaskarla
Honored Contributor

Hi,

My take on it is to keep observing the system. I also run 'stm' and run online diagnostics on the CPUs and look at the data.

Few errors may not be a problem. But if there are lot of such errors generated in no time, then most likely the system itself will go down without giving you any time to react. This is like catch- 22? (I forgot the number).

-Sri
You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try

Looks like processor card problem.Just run online diag and check the Pocessor Card.If the problem repeats better consult a HP support center and get the PC replaced.
regards
SK
Your imagination is the preview of your life's coming attractions
melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor

You have had a parity error in the Instruction Cache fo a processor.
If you start to see these happening the probability is that sooner or later you wil have a processor fail.
Watch the syslog to see if these continue to happen, and if you do start to see them popping up, get a hardware call placedm and the diagnostic logs checked.
My house is the bank's, my money the wife's, But my opinions belong to me, not HP!
Nguyen Anh Tien
Honored Contributor

This is a Low Priority Machine Check (a parity error in the Instruction Cache fo a processor)(not such important)
You should:
1, run "stm" or online diagnostics on the CPUs and analyze output
2, check syslog to see if these continue to happen call HP sevice
HP is simple