4321 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MP LAN Configuration

Bob Viveney_1
Occasional Advisor

MP LAN Configuration

Hi
I have an rp8400 with the latest firmware installed. In moving to a new network, the MP cable is plugged into a 100Mb port. However, the MP LAN configuration stays at 10Mb and auto-negotiate is enabled. How do we get the MP to talk to the network at 100Mb? CM>LC does not allow us to configure this parameter.
Thanks
Bob
4 REPLIES 4
KVK
Valued Contributor

It may not possible . You have connect the cable to MP card only to access MP console .
DCE
Honored Contributor

Sometimes the HP networking cards do not work well with auto negotiation. Try setting the speed and duplex manually on the other end

Don't know if this will help.........

dave
timmy b.
Honored Contributor

Bob,
The last response is correct, sometimes having auto-neg turned on does not give the desired results. Quite often it is not the fault of the server. Try locking your switch to 100 full and see if the server will come up on that speed.

For what it's worth, the MP really does not need anything more than 10mb, you're not doing all that much with it. I know of a lot of companies that have a separate domain just for this type of function, a console or management lan, and they run them at 10bt. Some of the newer servers are highly recommending that the MP only be run at 10bt!

Good Luck - Tim

P.S. I've noticed that you haven't assigned points to any responses to your questions, please do so if you find them helpful. It lets others know if an answer was useful when they search for a similar situation, plus it's the only "reward" people get for taking the time to provide answers.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand Binary, and those who don't.
Bob Viveney_1
Occasional Advisor

Turns out the network cable was bad I guess.
The cable was replaced and the MP started
working at 100Mb.
Thanks
Bob