Re: MP login

SOLVED
Go to solution
Gary_186
Occasional Advisor

MP login

I have inadvertendly initated the prompt for
MP login:
and have no idea what the userid or password is..Is there a way to get back to the root prompt ? thanx
5 REPLIES 5
Todd McDaniel_1
Honored Contributor

Isnt that the same as the GSP login?

Admin: Admin
Unix, the other white meat.
Rita C Workman
Honored Contributor

Well since I don't know if your the UNIX Admin person who should be in there (and I'm guessing your not).....just keep hitting enter and it will fail you out after about 3 attempts...
give it a second and it should put you back to where you were before you telneted into that port...or just hit control C at this point and your outta there...

Rgrds,
Rita

Mel Burslan
Honored Contributor

in order to initiate an MPP prompt, you must be connected to a physical or virtual console

if you are on the virtual console, i.e. you accidentally telneted in to this MP prompt,

^Ec.

(ctrl-E then c then period)

should let you exit out of that connection

Solution

Hi,
defauld:

username Admin
password Admin

select access console and select partition.
( menu driven)

HTH,

Gideon
David Nardi
Advisor

MP login on RP8400, etc. is similar (the replacement for) to GSP on the N-Classes, etc. You can login in as decribed above with the username:pasword Admin:Admin as long as the pasword hasn't been changed.

Once you are in you should see "MP Main Menu". select "CO" at the prompt to get to the Console login. If you have multiple vpars on the system you may have to choose which partition you want the Console login for.

Hope this helps...