HPE 9000 and HPE e3000 Servers
1752801 Members
5762 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Management Processor terminal type

Management Processor terminal type

Hi all,

I am trying to ignite an rp8420 and it boots OK, however, all the output is garbage. I have read some threads about this and the parameter to change is CA (Configure Asynchronous and Modem parameter) when logged into MP. Not sure if this will help, as I log in through a remot console.

I still tried CA a I get Local rs232 port parameter cannot be modified. Can anyone help please?

Thanks
AC
6 REPLIES 6
Devender Khatana
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Is your user an Admin ? Find this by SO command in config menu. The changes will be allowed only thorugh the Administrator or equivalent users.

HTH,
Devender
Impossible itself mentions "I m possible"

I'm definitely logged in as Admin. But it still comes back with a whole heap of scrambled characters and cannot modify the rs232 port
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi,

it's better to use VT100 emulation than HP terminal with ignite. Did you check your connection speed? 9600 is the default, but you can modify this value.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
DCE
Honored Contributor

I agree with Torsten - the vt100 emulation works the best when connecting remotely
generic_1
Respected Contributor

If you use a local terminal you can hold down the D key when you turn it on to set it back to defaults if it is a HP terminal.

Thanks for the reply guys. I was unable to work this one out. In the end I just logged into the web console and selected the hpterm option when logging on. It seemed to like it after this.
Once again thanks.