New Discussion юеВ

Re: Memory Part Number

SOLVED
Go to solution
S_Logan
HPE Pro

Hi Richard,

Attached Secure Web Console Screen Shot!

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Richard Ace
Frequent Advisor

Thanks

I see thats root access onto the console .

but If i was to reboot over secure web console would I be able to get to the BCH and the information. I am pressuming that as its console access and you can reboot and iterrupt the boot process over the Secure Web Console that you can enter the BCH as well. AND are you able to do a CTRL B for instance.

I have no actual way of testing this my end or I would.

Rich
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

The secure web console was delivered with the early n- and l-class servers, but can be used with earlier servers too.

You just connect it instead of the local console, so you just work on the local serial console that way.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Richard Ace
Frequent Advisor

Thank you for that I understand

From the NO MENTION of BCH access via Secure

web console I pressume its acheivable via the secure web console

Rich
Andrew Rutter
Honored Contributor

hi,

its been a long time since i used a secure web console, but never on a d class. It should work but never came with one by default, someone will have to have put one on and configured it.

there is no control b function on these devices as far as i remember, its just a login through the web browser.

Also when you get to BCH after rebooting, you will only get the sizes of dimms installed in the slots, not any part numbers on these boxes.

you will still have to reference the sizes to partsurfer or the ones previously given

The actual spares number on the dimms do not match the product number of the kit(2x dimms) though either.

Andy
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

>> there is no control b function on these devices ...

No.
If you have an access point card installed and the switch is set to service mode, you can do a CTRL b.

This command menu (CM) lets you control the modem, reset the server etc...

But there is no information about FRUs.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Richard Ace
Frequent Advisor

thanks points assigned

thanks everso much for your help

Rich
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

The Secure Web Console is nothing more than a translator from the serial port (the real console) and a network address. Whether you are on site with a reaql console or remote using the Web Console, CTRL-B will do nothing. That's because CTRL-B is a signal to the service processor -- but you don't have one.

So you will have to use BCH, but this is only available when you reboot and you must be on the Web Console to interrupt the boot process to get to BCH.

Did you see the information from partsurfer (NO LONGER SUPPLIED)? So when you have the right part numbers, you can't buy the RAM from HP. There are many 3rd party vendors that can sell you the memory. I would put the maximum amount of memory in your server if you are planning on keeping this very old server (and very obsolete version of HP-UX) running for a long time.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin