HPE 9000 and HPE e3000 Servers
1752795 Members
6466 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Moving from External Secure Web Console to Integrated RP7400

Chris Sherman

Moving from External Secure Web Console to Integrated RP7400

We have upgraded our N class to an RP7400 so we have the option to use the intergrated/internal secure web console. We had previously been using the external secure web console. Our goal is to use the intergrated instead of the external. We tried to configure the intergrated according to the documentation but were unable to get anything from the web console. However we were able to telnet into the same address with telnet access enabled. The browser works with the external swc so I dont think the browser or java is the problem.Also is it possible to run both an integrated and the external at the same time? Any ideas? Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
Bernhard Mueller
Honored Contributor

Log into GSP and try EL (enable LAN), by default both telnet and http access are enabled, but that could be different in your case due to the upgrade.

Though I have never tried it I believe you could use both (internal and external web console), but why would you want that?

Regards
Bernhard
- -
Chris Sherman

Thanks. We had both enabled so Im not sure why the web side wasnt working. We were only looking at having both in the short term until we were confident of the intergrated configuration and reliablity.
Ron Thompson
Advisor

We have both the telnet and web interfaces enabled on several systems and they both work fine. Note however that the web interface only works on a "B" revision GSP. The older "A" revision GSP only supports a telnet interface.

You can tell which revision you are on by typing the "he" command when logged onto the GSP. An "A" revision will be something like revision A.01.12 or some other number following an "A". A "B" revision will be something like B.02.17 or some other number following a "B".
Chris Sherman

The description fits but we are on B 02.07. Maybe there is a difference between .07 and .17 , I will do some digging and see if I can come up with anything along that avenue. Its good to hear its possible to run both. Thanks.