Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

N Class PDT entries

John Paine
Frequent Advisor

N Class PDT entries

Hi All,
anybody out there know how to increase the PDT entries on an N class from the normal 50 to 256?...I have a m/c that has 256 free entries in the PDT and would like to increase my m/c that only has 50.
Regards,
John.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
5 REPLIES 5
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Re: N Class PDT entries

Thierry Poels_1
Honored Contributor

hi,

I don't think that this is a configurable parameter.
Anyway if you would ever reach 50 you should get rid of that bad memory ;-)

regards,
Thierry.
All unix flavours are exactly the same . . . . . . . . . . for end users anyway.
Stefan Stechemesser
Honored Contributor

Hi John,

this feature was introduced with firmware 43.22 (patch PHSS_28610). The current firmware is 43.43 (PHSS_30724).

(from patch PHSS_28610 description:)
7 - Increased the Page Deallocation Table (PDT) to 256
entries from 50. Systems using EMS should update
to the diagnostics in HWE0306, not doing
so could cause erratic behavior of the memory
monitor.

best regards

Stefan

Stefan Stechemesser
Honored Contributor

One more remark on the firmware update:

due to the new NVRAM layout, the NVRAM will have default parameters after the firmware update and the PDT will be cleared. This may be a problem if you have SCSI settings other than default (ID 7, speed no_limit), f.e. in a service guard environment with shared SCSI busses.

Check with "ioscan -fnkC ctl" if you have SCSI Controllers with IDs other than 7. If yes remember the settings and reset them after the firmware update (patch needs two reboots) in the BCH Service menue with the "SCSI" command (which can also be used to check the SCSI settings prior the fw update).

And don't forget to update the online diagnostics, otherwise your increased PDT will not help, because the memlogd does not work properly.

best regards

Stefan
John Paine
Frequent Advisor

Thanks to all who responded, I will check out threads etc...oh, and Thierry, I agree with you about the memory,however as I am in the UK and the N class is going to Milan I would like to increase PDT entry to give me a bit more time to fly over there with a new memory stick to fix any problems!
Regards,
John.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.