New Discussion юеВ

Re: N class server query

SOLVED
Go to solution
Shrikant Lavhate
Esteemed Contributor

N class server query

Hi HP gurus,

I have a N-class rp7400 server running HPUX 10.00. I just need to know if this server has got hot-plug facility for CPU or not?? i.e. Is it need to shut down server to replace one of the failed CPU's physically???

Direct answer or direct link to appropriate document will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Will it remain a personal, if I broadcast it here!
6 REPLIES 6
Robert-Jan Goossens_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi,

I just need to know if this server has got hot-plug facility for CPU or not? No

Is it need to shut down server to replace one of the failed CPU's physically? Not only a shutdown but you will also need to remove power from the system.

Regards,
Robert-Jan
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

I'm pretty sure your N-class is at least running 11.00, which is unsupported too.

Single CPUs are always NOT hot swappable these days, under certain circumstances you can swap a cell which contains the CPUs in a cell-based system online - but not in a N-class.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Norman_21
Honored Contributor

Hi,

This Model ships preloaded with version 11.00 or newer unless someone reloaded 10.00?

Refer to the document below:
http://docs.hp.com/en/3687/rp7400_customer_hardwaremanual.pdf

So what is the CPU number you are going to replace?

Assuming the system is mounted in a rack, you'll have to unplug the power cables to slide the system out of the Rack.
Depending on the number of the CPU you're replacing you'll have to open either the long panel (top cover at the front of the server) or short panel (top cover at the back of the server).

So just let us know the number of the CPU. If you not sure, you can run cstm and post the output fot the CPU.

Thanks
"Attitudes are contagious, is yours worth catching"/ My first point was given by SEP on January 31, 2003
Norman_21
Honored Contributor

Hi,

This Model ships preloaded with version 11.00 or newer unless someone reloaded 10.00?

Refer to the document below:

http://docs.hp.com/en/3687/rp7400_customer_hardwaremanual.pdf

So what is the CPU number you are going to replace?

Assuming the system is mounted in a rack, you'll have to unplug the power cables to slide the system out of the Rack.
Depending on the number of the CPU you're replacing you'll have to open either the long panel (top cover at the front of the server) or short panel (top cover at the back of the server).

So just let us know the number of the CPU. If you not sure, you can run cstm and post the output fot the CPU.

Thanks
"Attitudes are contagious, is yours worth catching"/ My first point was given by SEP on January 31, 2003
Norman_21
Honored Contributor

Sorry, for the duplicatation. I was having trouble with the site.
Shrikant Lavhate
Esteemed Contributor

Ok Latif. It was CPU 5 and replaced by HP.

Issue resolved.
Thanks all for your contribution.
Will it remain a personal, if I broadcast it here!