108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: N4000 Chassis Code Meaning

SOLVED
Go to solution
JFernandez_1

N4000 Chassis Code Meaning

Hello,

An N4000 GSP log entry displays a chassis code which according to the manual corresponds to CC_MC_BR_TO_OS_LPMC_INITIATED. No other errors on the GSP log, nothing on the TS99, or other logs. The server appears to be running normally. The attention light cleared when the GSP log was checked. Can someone explain what this means? I know a Low Priority Machine Check was initiated, but the BR_TO_OS part has me stumped.

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Sameer_Nirmal
Honored Contributor
Solution

Per my understanding, BR_TO_OS is a broadcast to OS. In this case the initiated LPMC was being broadcasted to the OS.

You probably would find the LPMC event in the EMS event log.
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

A typical LPMC event would be a corrected single bit error in memory, so I would check syslog and diagnostics for memory related events first. If this was the case, there is no need to worry about. See what these logs are tell you.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Andrew Rutter
Honored Contributor

hi,

chassis codes machine branch to operating system

basically firmware has encountered or picked up a minor error and has reported it to the os, but continued to run.

check the syslog, for any details of either io or memory related errors first. then just monitor the situation. If you have the diagnostics installed then you could test the memory and look at the pdt table for errors.

Andy
JFernandez_1

Thank you all for the responses. There's no evidence of a problem anywhere. Not even an entry from the EMS monitors. At the very least, an entry for the LPMC should heve been generated by the EMS monitors. No memory errors. All other applicable logs are clean. We will continue to monitor the server...

Thanks again,

JF
JFernandez_1

Thanks to all who replied.
JF